Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But after waiting 10 weeks I took possession of my Focus. Of course it would rain after I picked up my new, freshly washed vehicle. Oh well.

MFT was upgraded but somehow the touch screen was flipped around on both horizontal and vertical axises. Soon as I figured that out it was a little tricky but I got to the test menu and re-calibrated the screen. By the way, a standard USB keyboard works fine in the USB ports. MFT seems to be working and paired right up with my iPhone 4 as well as my home wifi network from my driveway.

Already not liking the lack of cubby space to put change, as others have commented. And as already mentioned, tall cups don't fit in the holders easily.

MFT seems a little laggy.

Put 60 miles on it. Says I'm getting 29.7mpg. Not bad. The dealer gave me a full tank.

The ambient lighting is cute, but I can't see why I would want it on while driving. Distracting.

Seats are comfortable and the heated seat gets hot fast.

Didn't notice any lag or stutter in the transmission and it got up to 70 smoothly and quickly. My break in technique, drive it like you'll drive it.

Will play more tomorrow. Maybe some pics, but looks like everyone else's sterling gray 5 door hatchback titanium.

Ordered: June 7 2011
DORA: June 9 2011
VIN: June 21 2011
Build date: June 28 2011
Original Delivery Date: Jul 18 2011
Revised Delivery Date: Jul 25 2011
Actual Delivery Date: Aug 10 2011
Received: August 12 2011 (Distance to Wayne, MI assembly 330mi)

·
Registered
524 Posts
You ordered the same day I did, glad you got the update before delivery. Hopefully tomorrow will be sunny so you can snap some pics.[driving]

·
Registered
218 Posts
Finally!
Congratulations and post pics of the car that refused to be delivered!

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Someone without the full-size spare, is your trunk deck level with the folded-down seats? I was wondering of the FSS was what gives me that 4" or so difference seen in the picture. Trying to remember back to my test drives, I don't remember seeing such a difference between the trunk deck and the seats.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Great pictures and NICE CAR!!!!! Congratulations on your purchase. Mine should be in at the dealer next week. We'll see!
[ffrocks]

·
Registered
154 Posts
So pretty! Your doggie approves as well.[headbang]

·
Registered
968 Posts
Someone without the full-size spare, is your trunk deck level with the folded-down seats? I was wondering of the FSS was what gives me that 4" or so difference seen in the picture. Trying to remember back to my test drives, I don't remember seeing such a difference between the trunk deck and the seats.
I have the compact spare, and with the seats folded it is 100% from behind the front seats to the rear of the hatch.

Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks lscrx. Well guess that's part of the price I pay for the convenience of the FSS. There is a whole dense foam platform surrounding the FSS that also contains the amp for the radio, the funnel for the gas and a few cutouts for you to put small items into. It's probably 6" tall or so. I'm guessing you have one that's shorter. So even removing the tire wouldn't drop my platform, I'd also need the shorter foam insert. Differences they don't tell you about in package details, wonder why not...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts