Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the call from my salesman at 8:30pm tonight that it was being unloaded off the truck! Said the remote start had to be installed tomorrow morning and it would all be ready around 2pm. Tint guy at dealership is on vacation so I have to take it back next week so no biggy.

Will post pics as soon as I pick it up.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Got the call from my salesman at 8:30pm tonight that it was being unloaded off the truck! Said the remote start had to be installed tomorrow morning and it would all be ready around 2pm. Tint guy at dealership is on vacation so I have to take it back next week so no biggy.

Congrats! Your going to love it. I have had mine for just over two weeks and no problems at all! I was concerned at all the negative about MFT with Nav, but so far, no issues. I love love love it!
[woot]

It will take you awhile to learn everything - but this forum is oh so helpful with that! And if your dealer is as good as mine, they will spend sometime with you showing you MFT, Sync, etc. But the vehicle is so new that even they don't know everything.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looking forward to picking it up today. Anything I need to give them a heads up on before I get there? (program anything, MFT, Sync, etc.)

·
Registered
296 Posts

Congrats. Hope you enjoy the new ride.

That said, I think it's time for me to step away from this forum for a bit. All of these stories from people who ordered after I did taking delivery are starting to make me ill.

·
Registered
185 Posts
my recommendation:

If there is a button, press it and make sure it does whatever it's supposed to do. Mine got shipped without a wiring harness plugged in :(.

·
Registered
781 Posts
curious to hear your review of the remote start + IA. i've read some mixed things (about the car does or doesn't shut down after you open the door to get in). i originally had remote start on my order but dropped it after i saw it was dealer installed. i can get it added any time if i decide to, the reviews all scared me off. plus, i can probably install it myself and save the $250 installation fee. [strongman]

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
curious to hear your review of the remote start + IA. i've read some mixed things (about the car does or doesn't shut down after you open the door to get in). i originally had remote start on my order but dropped it after i saw it was dealer installed. i can get it added any time if i decide to, the reviews all scared me off. plus, i can probably install it myself and save the $250 installation fee. [strongman]
Guy just called me on the accessory install and I told him to go ahead since I doubt I can get out of it now. We'll see how it all shakes out.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Can you get out of the remote start?

It is a dealer installed item.......wonder if I can just tell the sales guy to never mind and not install it?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just got the answer......no.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I wouldnn't take NO for an answer.

It is a dealer installed accesory. it is YOUR car, how can they say no?

If you asked for tinted windows, and then before they tinted them, you told them you changed your mind, you would accept "No" as an asnwer?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I wouldnn't take NO for an answer.

It is a dealer installed accesory. it is YOUR car, how can they say no?

If you asked for tinted windows, and then before they tinted them, you told them you changed your mind, you would accept "No" as an asnwer?
The reason why the answer is a no for him is because while auto start is installed by the dealer it must already have been charged from the factory and on the window sticker. This was the case with me and why I could not remove it.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Salesman is on his way to pick me up! Photos will follow!

·
Registered
243 Posts
The remote start is great. But as my dealer told me, it was not meant to allow you to have a getaway car! Yes, it will shut off so that you have to restart with your IA key when you get it.

I was very impressed at how far I can be from the car and still start it. It allows me to have my AC going for a couple minutes before I have to get in.

·
Registered
39 Posts
hey titanium12 i know how happy u feel i just recieved an e-mail my focus arried today also. had to go take a look at it . cant wait till wednesday till i get to finally drive it away.. I got an SEL race red sedan. everything on it except the park assist..

·
Registered
11 Posts
I picked my Focus TI last week and I love it so far. The only thing i'm not happy with is I wanted the remote start for it and when i picked up the car I asked for the remote start fobs. My salesmen asked the floor manager where the fobs where and the manger told him "I bet that its still sitting in the packaging waiting to be installed.". I wasn't happy, the salesmen then told me to make an appointment to get it installed so I did. The next day I got there at 7:00 in the morning they told me "I'm sorry sir it looks like the remote start has not been sent here yet.". At this point i'm furious, when they call me to
come get the remote start installed i think i'm gonna ask them to switch out the stock wheels for the TI and put on the painted machine wheels they have on the sel.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
1 - 19 of 19 Posts