Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The stainless mustang logo that was on the rear bumper just had to go and I went ahead and removed it!

BEFORE:

AFTER:

( Much cleaner!! [headbang] )

So ya.... it's a simple modification if you even want to call it that... lol... but that logo just had to go either way!

Thanks for looking! [:)]

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah..that looks sooo much better
Thanks!

I'm quite pleased with the outcome... considering debadging the GT emblem as well on the rear since it is a stick-on... however the Ford badge is not... So I'm kinda thinking about just leaving those both on... however a completely debadged deck lid with the ford hole filled in and painted would definitely be nice... also considering going spoiler-less as well!

Thoughts? Opinions on removing the spoiler anyone?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thanks!

I'm quite pleased with the outcome... considering debadging the GT emblem as well on the rear since it is a stick-on... however the Ford badge is not... So I'm kinda thinking about just leaving those both on... however a completely debadged deck lid with the ford hole filled in and painted would definitely be nice... also considering going spoiler-less as well!

Thoughts? Opinions on removing the spoiler anyone?
i say dont take the spoiler off. it looks too much like a base v6 car..

here is how i had my trunk on my old mustang: the spoiler was black, the tails were tinted, the space between teh tails, i painted, and i just had the ford badge..

·
Detailing Freak
348 Posts
One of my buddies used to have a black GT, and his spoiler looked different. He actually unbolted the spoiler, and moved it back so it was flush with the deck lid and it looked DAMN nice..

I know i have a picture in my photobucket somewhere of his old car, ill see if i can find it.

·
Detailing Freak
348 Posts
Here we go... Kind of hard to see the spoiler, but its the only picture ive got..

And you can even see my car right after i bought it lol

·
Registered
31 Posts
One of my buddies used to have a black GT, and his spoiler looked different. He actually unbolted the spoiler, and moved it back so it was flush with the deck lid and it looked DAMN nice..

I know i have a picture in my photobucket somewhere of his old car, ill see if i can find it.
those spoilers are on the 99-01 cars. the one on the OP's car is on 02-04 cars.. they're kinda different..

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Roush spoiler, or cobra would be better

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I dunno.... I'll think about it for a while what I'll do with the spoiler but I just love the "less is more" theme...

I think it'd look pretty badass spoiler-less with some stealth FR500's all the way around with 10.5" wheels and 315's in the rear on a nice 1.5-2" drop.

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
You should shave the Mustang out of the bumper completely. Debadge it completely, tint out the tails and side markers, powdercaot the wheels black. Make it mean and clean.

I like the spoiler, though, you should hang on to it.

·
Hmmmmm
3,706 Posts
i think you need the lip spoiler or whatever it's called. it is the little one that barely comes off the back.

also paint the pony in front black and get rid of all the chrome on the back by painting or taking it off.

·
Love CA / Hate CARB
2,160 Posts
i think you need the lip spoiler or whatever it's called. it is the little one that barely comes off the back.

That is my favorite type of Mustang spoiler, as well.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Looks awesome. Muuuuch better! You should get a nice lip spoiler

·
Detailing Freak
348 Posts
I love the saleen wheels!
Yea, he put a lot of time and effort into that car.. It was an automatic, which was the only downside... But, he isnt good at driving a stick, so it worked for him.. I know he had a cold air, x-pipe, and flowmaster exhaust. Put a lot of work into the sound system as well(i actually have the indash from his mustang in my caliber right now..lol)

It stayed in the family though, his dad bought it off of him when my buddy bought a new car.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Nice work. One of my favorite mustang bodies, but i hate the chrome in the lettering. Looks way nice in the body color.[thumb]

·
Registered
530 Posts
Stainless Steel inserts FTW, you've lost your mind.

Wife's GT:

My cobra:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts