Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 332 Posts

·
Ph00ked bey0nd belef
6,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi daspazzZX3 here, [welcome] I've been asked why no build thread and didn't think much about it. I thought about it and my baby does deserve a thread!
Ok children its history time, pull up a chair and have a listen; I have been through two 2005s in the last nine years, Orangell0 was my first. A blazing Copper ZX5, purchased in 2005 with 21K on it. I drove it until I was semi t-boned on the passenger side in 2013, February 3rd, 4 days before my 54th birthday. I loved that car!!! It was an awesome first Focii I broke my neck and Orangell0 was totaled. [sadpanda] My next car was Patrick, a black ZX3, (named after my youngest son, I miss you baby boy!!) I drove it from October 2013 until February 22nd 2014 when I again totaled my car. Single car accident, I was kinda racing a fellow forum member and I soooooooooo had him..... Then the inside wall jumped out in front of me [facepalm]....... On my way to the February Houston group meet!

If you would like to see pics of the aftermath of the first two cars I have albums on my profile page. Just click on my avatar and select view my profile. Scroll down and look for the two albums on the right side in my photos!

I then bought my next car DP or Dakota-PatrickE02 in March of 2014 from a fellow member DarkStar (Dakota), I named him after both Dakota and my son. DP had been sitting for about a year waiting for a new owner, until I came along. I took DP to get him inspected and failed due to the mixture of the exhaust output, the station guy told me I probably needed to drive him around for a few days to get him back in shape. So I proceed to oblige. In the process I blew the motor up. [sadpanda] [sadpanda] [sadpanda] Rod 4 through the windage tray for the win, Alex. (Mega Jepordey) I should have gone and gotten an oil change right away. Between the oil and not having driven a standard in over 15 years, I believe I was too rough on him. I was not used to the ability to rev over 5K and I believe between the over revving and the old oil it was too much for the poor little engine. 20x[sadpanda]

So I made a decision, I figured if I put awesome parts inside my little guy I would make a car that would keep me from being able to blow it up, HOPEFULLY! [facepalm] So into a local garage my lil guy went!

Its taken almost 5 months to get my car back, mostly due to the former racecar driver and mechanic and myself not wanting to rush it. I was doing the parts acquisition and he was doing the primary research and passing it on to me to identify parts and order them. We had a few point that required more time. Size of pistons required establishing what amount the block could be bored over before pistons could be ordered. And the springs I bought required extensive reworking of the head so that the cams would work properly with the stock valves.

Anyway I give kudos to Steve Gentry for getting my baby back together and able to roll out of his garage on Friday September the 12th 2014 and back to my driveway. And boy does it feel awesome to drive again!!! [headbang]

Soooooo now that the history lesson is over, on with the show!!! [werd] The breakin period is killing me though, only 200 more miles as of today. [mecry]

More pics in my profile albums.

So here are the mods done by Steve or already on DP;

• Block machined and bored .20 over
  • Comp stage 3 Cams
  • DP had adjustable cams gears, not sure of the vendor....
  • Head machined for cams and Crower springs
  • JE 2618 Forged Aluminum Piston 85.5mm pistons 9.0.1 compression (Believe it to still be stock will know more soon)
  • Eagle 4340 Forged Steel H Beam rods with ARP bolts
  • Crower Springs with Titanium retainers
  • ARP Main and Head studs
  • C-F-M Billet Oil Pump gear [hihi]
  • Clevit Main and Rod bearings
  • Stage 4 FX-400 6 puck Clutch with Luk bearing on slave cylinder
  • SVT Header and CAT (soon to be ORP)
  • Bosal 2.25 Performance SS exhaust
  • EGR delete with Ford Racing blocking plate
  • H&R Coilovers front H&R Springs and stabilizers Rear

My first mod adding SVT foot pedals! [cheers]

before

after

Will be adding SVT accelerator pedal and SVT Red over Black drivers seat tomorrow along with a few other exterior mods.

More to come!

·
Ph00ked bey0nd belef
6,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Shots from Steve shop

Somethings missing here [ohcrap]

Parts

fuzzy

·
Ph00ked bey0nd belef
6,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Call me crazy but I am breaking DP in on Royal Purple 5w-20. I know it's not cheap, but I'm going for the gold and he will see nothing BUT Royal Purple 5w-20 motor oil. I also have some of their coolant additive that I will be putting in once I install the billet thermostat housing. I also have a Royal Purple Oil filter. I'm still debating if I want to add an oil cooler or not. Or maybe one of those ebay "wrap-a-round" finned coolers.

Was gonna be Backup lights, but I think combo fog and DRL fronts are better Idea.

Can't wait to install all of these items!

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
Not reserved.

Thought something happened. Hadn't heard anything after the windage tray ordeal.
TY for letting me know you're still on the tracks.
Hope all goes well and as always, just ask.

·
Registered
753 Posts
If its wrong for me to be turned on right now then I don't want to be right.

Reactions: daspazzZX3

·
Registered
279 Posts
whats your final Comperession witht those 9.0 pistons after shaving it .20? How do you like the cams?

·
Ph00ked bey0nd belef
6,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Reserved4
Not reserved.

Thought something happened. Hadn't heard anything after the windage tray ordeal.
TY for letting me know you're still on the tracks.
Hope all goes well and as always, just ask.
LOL you two freaks are stealing my post addition spaces!! ;-)

If its wrong for me to be turned on right now then I don't want to be right.
Oh my brotha you go right a head!! Men are wired like that so DO NOT be ashamed!!!! IT's THE RIGHT THING TO DO!!!!! [hihi]

·
Ph00ked bey0nd belef
6,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
whats your final Comperession witht those 9.0 pistons after shaving it .20? How do you like the cams?
HAHAHAH, actually Bret that .20 over was for the bore on the block, for the bigger pistons.

No shaving yet. I might do that in the near future. Since iminhell recommends that. So far the cams seem to add a bit of loping at idle. Once I get beyond the breakin period and get my initial tune from Tom, I'll know more! [hihi] That should be later this week! I've already hit the 300 mile mark in the last two days and I'm dieing to do 5 or 6K reves to see what the upper band is like. Shifting at 3K or under is kind of odd and my accellration is not bad now but all the shifts seem so premature! [smackbum]

But by next week I should have new tires and be driving more like my old self! Check back with me then! [hihi]

[ffrocks] [loveff] I love this place!! [loveff] [ffrocks]

·
Wit Da Silva Bullit
4,609 Posts
Please... Based on ur first post... Do not drive like ur old self.. Not around my bullet at least...

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Wait 'till Gav-O-SVT sees this, "jelly" over the RED timing belt & exh. wrap for sure!

Back together & driving must feel great after the long wait.

·
Ph00ked bey0nd belef
6,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Please... Based on ur first post... Do not drive like ur old self.. Not around my bullet at least...
L0L, KK I will never hit you, but I might pass you up! I'm a racer deal with it!!!

You and your p00r sedan will be staring at my ass!!! [neener]

Wait 'till Gav-O-SVT sees this, "jelly" over the RED timing belt & exh. wrap for sure!

Back together & driving must feel great after the long wait.
Yepper, the header wrap turned color on me. I ordered some VHT Red metalic Engine paint so Im going to fix that soon!! I also have new parts to put on. My own Wrinkle Red Metal Valve cover. And some other parts I will install once I get them hydro dipped. I have a CFed Red Radio surround and some other parts will also be getting said hydro dipping. I have a hood I bought that has a GT500 heat extractor in the front over the header area, I will be painting it flat black and maybe some red and then adding a hood scoop over my intake box that I'm thinking about CF overlaying with red as well. That will place it about in front of the driver side! [hihi]

·
ninja lurker status
23,137 Posts
nice...

·
Wit Da Silva Bullit
4,609 Posts
Eh whatever... am glad ur rolling again. . Maybe after u finish putting it all together well take it for a "cruise" and u can tell me which ass u like better... ur hatches... or my sedanz... since ull be staring at it:)

·
Ph00ked bey0nd belef
6,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Eh whatever... am glad ur rolling again. . Maybe after u finish putting it all together well take it for a "cruise" and u can tell me which ass u like better... ur hatches... or my sedanz... since ull be staring at it:)
Only if blondies running with us, then you can stare at hers or mine!

Your choice!! LOL

·
Ph00ked bey0nd belef
6,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks guys!! It can only get better!!

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
1.) Where did you get the Red Timing belt?

2.) I told you that red wrap would turn, now show off the pinky hotness lol.

3.) break in with synthetic is a no no, Id drain it put in conventional like GTX. The main thing is let vehicle warm up to full temp then go drive it like you stole it using the FULL RPM range this BS about babying it will only bring you back to the shop for oil consumption in the long run because the piston rings never seated correctly....within 30-50 miles the engine is broke in change oil at 100 miles then again at 500 then 3000 use conventional up to 3k then every 5000-6000 after that on a good synthetic oil.

I ran into this issue twice on 2 different motorcycles because Triumph used semi synthetic for break in oil once I got the new crate motor from England I drained it put in conventional oil and did what I said above an I no longer eat oil unless Im up in the 15000RPM or higher for long periods of time but that's expected

Read this >>> http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

4.) I do want that oil pump gear but ill wait till my engine pops.

5.) no to the M3 bobo ebay mirrors..... get some SVT folding mirrors instead

6.) Nice build you got coming along,keep your thread filled with pics so you dont bore us ;)

·
Ph00ked bey0nd belef
6,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1. Massive, he had them on sale earlier this year, red and blue. I have two more.

2. Its not even red or pink. Its more tan and brownish. I might pull the header and paint it with VHT engine paint so it will end up metallic red. ;-)

3, Why didn't you tell me that sooner. I'm at 340 miles now. I've missed critical breakin period. [sadpanda]

4 I think its gonna save me over time!

5. But I like them.............. [neener]

6. Oh pics will be plentiful!

I installed 1 new and 1 used motor mount today, that was fun. Now the motor doesn't vibrate like it was doing. I also discovered that SVT passenger side MM are different than Zetec ones.

I had a problem getting the front right bolt out of the floor for the drivers side seat rails. The head is f00ked. Don't know the best way to extract it. Maybe drill it and then use vice grips to remove the rest......

And I was going to install my new LED foglight bulbs but I found out they don't fit my Fogs. I've been waiting for month to do this and its a bust!!! Oh well life goes on!!

1 - 20 of 332 Posts