Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an automatic 2000 focus.
Recently, it has begun having issues and I was hoping the forum could help me diagnose them.
Whenever I start the car an the engine is cold, the car shakes and the engine functions unevenly and loud.
If the engine is warm, these issues do not occur.
Any ideas as to what could be wrong and how I could fix it?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
148 Posts
do you get a check engine light? if so have auto zone scan it so you can get the codes and post them on here.

·
Registered
148 Posts
How long dose it run bad for? This is odd you don't have a light on, dose the light come on when you turn the key on to show that the light works? some customers I have had bought used cars and will bring it to me and come to find out they the people they got it from took the bulb out.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Dose the valve cover say (Split port), I just reread your post and saw you have a 2000 focus, they had issue with this motor drooping valve seats, and it tends to like going through timing belts.

·
Registered
561 Posts
check your passenger side motor mount. i had the same issue. take the cap off the top and feel it. if the bubble is collapsed the mount is mosy likely gone. or even check for fluid around the mount.

·
Registered
228 Posts
check your passenger side motor mount. i had the same issue. take the cap off the top and feel it. if the bubble is collapsed the mount is mosy likely gone. or even check for fluid around the mount.
I have a round bubble..........but mine is squishy, there is fluid it in but it is very soft and fluid easily moves around... is it suppose to be like that? here is pic of me easily pushing my finger down into it. I can feel something hard.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I bought the car new and the check engine light does work so thats not the issue.
Someone else told me it is probably the engine mounts so I already replaced all of those.
How would I determine whether it is the O2 sensor or the IAC valve thats faulty?

·
Registered
228 Posts
I bought the car new and the check engine light does work so thats not the issue.
Someone else told me it is probably the engine mounts so I already replaced all of those.
How would I determine whether it is the O2 sensor or the IAC valve thats faulty?
-let me be the "master of the obvious" and ask the question

-Is there anything else that you have done to the car?.......

-a nice deteailed signature helps a lot when DXing

-and my final question.. if as your post stated you know it is the iacv or the o2 sensor then just clean/replace the iacv and swap out the o2 sensor(cheap and a maintenance issue to some people) and your problem will be solved.....

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Everything else on the car is stock.

And I'm not certain that its those two but those seem to be the most obvious solutions at the moment. I'm still open to suggestions if anyone thinks i should check for anything else first (especially if replacing some other possibly faulty part is cheaper).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts