Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so I've been trying to find the right air intake for my SPI and I can't seem to find one that fits the 8v SOHC engine... I have a friend who knows an ass load about cars who drives and SRT-4 that told me to go to aempower.com and get an AEM intake but as I said I can't find one that fits the SPI? Is there anyone out that who has found a good cold air intake system for our engine? Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
461 Posts
cosmo racing makes about the only one i have seen ... good luck dealing with them! The thing to do is buy a DOHC (Zetec) intake, and it WILL fit! I have one, and a lot of others on here do too! The throttle body is a bit bigger on the zetec so either push it down & clamp it hard, or cut it off (that's what I did) to fit. It's just a reducer (which by the way you could pick up at home depot to replace the one AEM will give you, and make it fit without modification) or you could also try and get a largre throttle body to make the bigger ones fit. those are your options, my friend! - Ryan

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
Yes the AEM will fit, you just have to do one of two things:
A. This would be the wiser decision. Take the AEM rubber boot, and puch it as far down as possible onto the throttle body, then tighten the hose clamp tightly.

B. This is what I did, but it will allow the intake to ONLY fit the SPI throttle body. Take a razor blade or Xacto knife, and cut off the larger part of the rubber boot. After you do this, it makes the intake look like it was made for the SPI.

After you get your intake, go to Auto Zone or the like, and buy three feet of heater hose. MAKE SURE TO USE ALL THREE FEET, OR THE HOSE WILL KINK.

Good luck finding an intake!

·
Registered
46 Posts
i ordered mines from apc.. i couldn't use the tube, but the filter mounted on the MAF just fine (using stock tube)

·
Registered
593 Posts
IMO, if you can afford it you might be better off getting a 65mm TB along with the intake. Not only will the fittment issue be eliminated, but what's the use of getting more air in there if it's going to be restricted at the TB? Just a thought.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts