Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay Ive got a weird problem, I was reflashing my car and when it was erasing the module my Xcal 2 happened to shut off, i have no reason why it did, but then i un hooked it because there seemed to be no power to it. So then i plugged it back in again, with the key off like i am suppose to and the xcal wouldnt power up, so i took it out again and tried starting my car, wouldnt start, lol, im assuming my ECU was erased? Now i know my Xcal isnt malfunctioning because after this happened i plugged it into my laptop and it powered up, it wont power up when i hook it to the ECU tho. Anyone know what coulda went wrong? Did i blow a fuse somehow?? Thanks!

Boosta

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I replaced fuse number 49 i believe the diagnostic code something, 10 amp fuse. Im not sure why it blew, maybe the tuner malfunctioned and blew a fuse.

·
Registered
268 Posts
The obd port power is on the same fused circuit as the powerpoint/cigar lighter on most fords, the usual reason that the fuse blows it that something was plugged into the powerpoint that over loaded the system. In my experience the usual culprit is cell phone chargers.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
actually mine wasnt the same as the cigarette lighter, hehe. One right next to it.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I stand corrected. On many fords they are the same, just did my research though and you are correct. On the focus the dlc/obd connector has its own fuse.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts