Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

I have a 2009 Focus Estate Titanium 1.8 Petrol
UK version if that makes any difference.

The car broke down after new year with a dead alternator. Alternator was replaced by an independent garage.

Since the car had the alternator done. It's started showing up all sorts of fault lights periodically whilst driving (in short episodes/tantrums).
When this happens, a beep occurs, interior lights come on, indicators do not show on instrument cluster, temp readout disappears. and various warning lights display.

Also, during driving the headlights and interior fans fluctuate quite significantly.
I have also noticed the MPG drop quite a lot. I've gone from getting 350-400 to a tank to getting 300 ish.

I took the car back to the garage suspecting a faulty alternator but he has said that the alternator is charging fine. But the car is showing several U1900 CAN bus fault (engine, instrument panel, drivers door module, passenger door module, parking aid module, and immobiliser)

The mechanic said its 'probably the instrument cluster. But would a faulty cluster be causing everything including fluctuating fans and poor fuel economy??

cheers!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Were you able to fix this problem. I have a 2007 Ford SES that is doing the same thing and pulled up the same code.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had cluster faults a while ago and the car went in to limbmood which gives you lower MPG. I resoldered my dashboard and then reseted all fault codes with the a normal OBDII reader for Android. No fault codes since then.

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts