Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, guys... so I was reading this thread:

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=208353

I am having a similar issue... I went to turn on my car today and NOTHING. So I noticed this wire was not connected. I tried plugging it back in.. and, still, nothing.

The thread says something about (1) a blown fuse and (2) car still working without this part.

How do I go about solving this problems to get my car working? I really don't want to pay for a tow!

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK.. found the fuse... hopefully can get this thing fixed... Now, I just need to know if putting that wire in and taping it will keep it from blowing again!

·
Registered
25,627 Posts
Yes, the wire grounding out is what blows the fuse. Repair the wire and the fuse should stay intact!

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I believe this capacitor is just to suppress noise on the radio spectrum.
Tape the wire, so it does not short, and get a new capacitor

·
Premium Member
21,256 Posts
I believe this capacitor is just to suppress noise on the radio spectrum.
Tape the wire, so it does not short, and get a new capacitor
That's what it is, but I think it's actually an inductor. Most people just call them noise suppressors. In order to keep the fuses from blowing, simply tape the wires separately, and order a new part using the part numbers. It should come with the wiring. If you can repair the wiring, then do that. At least on my car, there's a connector you can disconnect the filter and wiring from- that would suffice for a temporary repair to prevent the fuse from blowing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts