Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Bought a ford focus off of my neighbors son, he hydroplaned it into a curb and did some damage to the front right suspension. I replaced everything on the front right side except for the strut & caliper. (lower control arm, cv axel, tie rods, hub and spindle). When braking I can feel a pulse in the pedal and it makes a relatively loud ticking noise. I replaced the front rotors and pads on both sides, still doing the same thing. It does not do this every single time you brake, but definitely only makes noise/pulse while braking. Want opinions before buying more parts, thoughts?

Bad abs sensors? No abs lights on the dash come on while its doing this.

Also I dont know if the car started doing this before or after the accident.

·
Banned
1,973 Posts
To help eliminate the ABS system what you can do is remove the fuses for the ABS system. Your brakes will still work perfectly fine you just won't have ABS give it a quick test if it still does it we can eliminate the ABS system. If it doesn't do it then we know we have a ABS problem.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To help eliminate the ABS system what you can do is remove the fuses for the ABS system. Your brakes will still work perfectly fine you just won't have ABS give it a quick test if it still does it we can eliminate the ABS system. If it doesn't do it then we know we have a ABS problem.

Good thought, I will give it a shot and update.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well removing the abs sensor did not change anything. Sound doesnt change at all if you turn wheel. Sounds kind of like pushing a snow shovel on a drive way, but its cyclic when it does it.

·
Banned
1,973 Posts
You say you removed a sensor. To disable the ABS pump you have to pull the fuses.

Anyway it definitely sounds like the ABS pump is engaging. What makes this more difficult is you're not sure if it was before or after the accident.

I would definitely suggest researching low-speed ABS activation. I personally have never had to deal with this but that's what it sounds like, and there's a lot of good information out there about low speed ABS activation.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
You say you removed a sensor. To disable the ABS pump you have to pull the fuses.

Anyway it definitely sounds like the ABS pump is engaging. What makes this more difficult is you're not sure if it was before or after the accident.

I would definitely suggest researching low-speed ABS activation. I personally have never had to deal with this but that's what it sounds like, and there's a lot of good information out there about low speed ABS activation.

Sorry I incorrectly worded my reply, I did not remove the sensors, I pulled the ABS fuse from under the steering column.

Edit: I pulled the fuse for the (08-09) models by accident, pulled the correct fuse and the issue went away. Talked to the previous owner and said there was not any braking issues before the accident. possibly damaged sensor?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts