Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put in the K&n intake into my 14 hatch on Saturday and have issues with hood closing normally. Didn't really have a lot of time to try and trouble shoot so was wondering if anyone had ideas on what could cause it? Gotta press down pretty hard to get it to close but it doesn't look like the intake is blocking it from closing from what I can tell.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Put in the K&n intake into my 14 hatch on Saturday and have issues with hood closing normally. Didn't really have a lot of time to try and trouble shoot so was wondering if anyone had ideas on what could cause it? Gotta press down pretty hard to get it to close but it doesn't look like the intake is blocking it from closing from what I can tell.
are all the little hood dampers screwed down? I unscrewed one and completely forgot about it and had to hassle with it for a while

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't recall unscrewing them but I'll try it, tried to see if it was pressing on the rubber strips on the heatshield but it didn't look like it. Will try those dampers though

1 - 3 of 3 Posts