Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!

Just wondering if anyone's encountered something like an "isolated" or active LLC/LOC. I'm looking to add a sub to my SE hatch, without destroying the factory system, but simply tapping into speaker wires to get a signal is just something I can't bring myself to do… Here's why:

-If there's a speaker on the same line as a LLC/LOC, you end up sending a bunch of crap to the sub due to the back EMF created by the speakers. Don't get what I mean? Try turning on your system (if you have a setup like this), don't play any audio, and have a look at your sub as someone closes the door, or moves the cone that the LLC/LOC is wired to, by hand. The sub will be getting the opposite signal. Push the cone in, the sub will move out, and vice-versa.

ANYWHOO…. is there anything out there, that is ISOLATED against this somehow?

WHY OH WHY won't manufacturers just add a couple of RCAs on the back of these super-integrated audio head units???[bigcry]

·
Registered
2 Posts
i used two different loc's and both worked fine for me first one i tried was an axcess loc and it made my sus muffled and sound very distorted so i went ahead and found an l.o.c that had a pre-amp. i am currently using an audio control unit

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Moved to the Car Audio section for more feedback.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Plenty of em out there. I used the Audiocontrol LC6i in my previous car. JL Cleansweep and the Rockford 3sixty seems to get a lot of attention too.

But honestly, I think you're making too much of it. While yes, moving a speaker manually does create a signal on the line, so what? While it's given a signal, it responds to said signal.

While I can blow across a bucket of water and make the water move, that's pretty much irrelevant if I grab the bucket and pour the water out. Get what I mean? And to cap this off... this is just for a subwoofer addition? You're certainly making too much of it...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts