Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi -

I feel that the windows are very slow going up. Anyone else agree?

My seat heaters are pathetic. The highest setting is barely noticeable. Anyone else have a similar experience?

My rear window washer will not dispense liquid. The motor is loud, but nothing comes out - yes, I've got fluid.

* Is it difficult to troubleshoot the master power window switch? Might it just pop off around the buttons, or would the entire door panel have to come off? (My rear driver side window does not function at all)

Where do I find the latest TSB's?

I always prefer to solve things myself before I let the service department loose on my vehicles. 50/50 they screw up something else every time.

Thanks for any thoughts. -John

·
Registered
986 Posts
You can find the latest TSB's by going to ford.com as far as the rear wiper not pumping out any washer fluid, if you can find it pull the hoses off the pump and see if it works then, might have a blockage in the hose somewhere. And with the windows going up slow try 2 things, 1 spray some silicone spray into the window tracks and see if that helps. 2 take it to the ford dealer and see if another new focus does the same thing. 9 times out of 1o it is the tracks aren't lubricated enough or messed up window motor

·
Registered
61 Posts
My seat gets nice warm but not hot. The Cobalt it replaced was hot in comparison.

The windows are slower than the previous as well however are roughly the same speed as the '11 F150 got just bit ago. I put down to Ford just being slower on the gearing.

The rear washer streams down the glass and does not spray. Works fine. All in all happy with the car.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Disagree. Mine are quite fast.

My seat heaters are pathetic. The highest setting is barely noticeable. Anyone else have a similar experience?
Mine get toasty on level 5. I find 3 comfortable.

My rear window washer will not dispense liquid. The motor is loud, but nothing comes out - yes, I've got fluid.
Mine sprays cleaner fluid after holding the handle for a few seconds.

Is it difficult to troubleshoot the master power window switch? Might it just pop off around the buttons, or would the entire door panel have to come off? (My rear driver side window does not function at all)

Where do I find the latest TSB's?
Can't help you on these items.

Sounds like a couple of warranty repairs are in order.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Quite the opposite w/ the seat heaters. Finally cooled down last week here & I was shocked at how quick they turn on. It's damn near instant.

I would be careful playing with the window controls module. My dealer took mine off to check something out & proceeded to jack several pieces up, & ultimately had to install a whole new door panel @ their expense.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Save your power window motors by using RainX on the side windows.
My last car I had 13 years and the drivers window was always great due too keeping it lubricated with Rain X on the outside.

Once, It got some tree sap on it. wow, that really nearly broke the motor. I had to clean off the felt wipe at the top edge of the door to get the sticky stuff out of it.
Once I did that , it was great again.

I hate seat heaters.. (in the Winter i never wear a coat anyway... I dispise wearing a coat in a car... it just drives me nuts being all bundled up for no reason. I do keep a coat in the car in case of an emergency though)
The regular heater in my Focus seems to be great so far. It has not been really cold yet, but the heat is on fast.

And my rear washer works fine.

·
Registered
155 Posts
My seat heaters work great. They only take 8 seconds to get noticably warm (cloth seats). My wife's Accord takes closer to a minute. I find anything above level 3 is uncomfortable.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
could I have fuse issue?

You would think that these electrical accessories would either work correctly, or not at all.

Regarding the window speed - I suppose it's subjective what "slow" is. They are just slower than any other car I've leased (10 vehicles spanning 13 years between my wife & I).

·
Registered
343 Posts
My windows are balls slow also.. Maybe ti has better motors. I am looking into this. Id like quick windows, it sucks holding it for so long

·
Registered
74 Posts
My windows are balls slow also.. Maybe ti has better motors. I am looking into this. Id like quick windows, it sucks holding it for so long
I haven't noticed this in my Ti. Windows go up/down normal speed to me? I have auto up/down for either side.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Can't say that I've noticed with mine. Quite happy that I don't have to roll them up or down manually :eek:)

I've got mine set to 5 all the time and it's alright for me. I can say that my friend's Escape is way warmer than my car.

Stop trying before you blow the motor out (possibly). I had the same issue when I got my car. It was a pinched hose and they fixed it.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
From the USA Focus brochure
Features list for SE trim level

„ Power front and rear windows
with one-touch-down driver’s side
feature

Pull up or down once for drivers window.......you do not need to hold the button up or down.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
I have a Ti and I don't notice anything slow about the windows.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Not in mine. I don't see any difference between my Focus and my ex.
Not me. I was surprised to see how quick they heat in fact. And yes, setting my seat to 2 is more than enough. And we already had some mornings with temperatures bellow 0 C.
It works on mine just fine.

If I'd be you, I'd take the car to a good Ford shop and ask them to fix them. The waranty is there for these kind of problems too.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Hi -

Nope and no.

Sent from my Telus Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate

·
Registered
341 Posts

feature

Pull up or down once for drivers window.......you do not need to hold the button up or down.
Well, yeah - but he probably likes to open ALL the windows; hence the complaints.

·
Registered
277 Posts

feature

Unfortunately that means you still have to hold it to roll it up.

I have every intention of pursuing an all-window one-touch solution in my SE when it arrives. I suspect it may mean that I need to replace the driver's window switches/module, and I'm okay with that. It's worth it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
My seat heaters work great. They only take 8 seconds to get noticably warm (cloth seats). My wife's Accord takes closer to a minute. I find anything above level 3 is uncomfortable.
I also have the cloth seats and I am also pleased with the seat heaters.

It hasn't been that cold yet (40-ish), but I haven't felt the need to put them above "2".

·
Registered
724 Posts
I have cloth seats, according to my wife position 3 on the Focus is the same as the leather heated seats in our PT on high. She is thrilled with the Focus, i have never found a need for heated seats but have accidentally hit the switch on the PT and turned it on and find it uncomfortably warm.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts