Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 01 se and above the ford logo looks like a cowl and a rubber?plastic looking tube that goes to the bottom of the air box has anyone tried to relocate it to get better air flow i eventually want to get a cold air intake but i want to know if i can move this down between the fog lights or something if that will help the motor get more air

·
I <3 my SVT
1,761 Posts
Nope its fine right where it is.

Matt
Posted via FF Mobile

·
I <3 my SVT
1,761 Posts
I would look up the Hot Rod Wagon mod if you are looking to modify the stock intake system

Matt
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
6,175 Posts
i have an 01 se and above the ford logo looks like a cowl and a rubber?plastic looking tube that goes to the bottom of the air box has anyone tried to relocate it to get better air flow i eventually want to get a cold air intake but i want to know if i can move this down between the fog lights or something if that will help the motor get more air
you could move it..it wouldnt hurt anything. that wouldnt be a bad idea..

like the poster above me said ..check out HRWs thread

·
I <3 my SVT
1,761 Posts
Right now the air has a direct route to the engine from the grille. There's no better location for it.

Matt
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Right now the air has a direct route to the engine from the grille. There's no better location for it.

Matt
Posted via FF Mobile
i was thinkin itd get more air because were its at it doesnt really get a hole lot of air with the hood being down

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would look up the Hot Rod Wagon mod if you are looking to modify the stock intake system

Matt
Posted via FF Mobile
were is it i tryed searching for it but came up with nothing

·
Floods suck.
5,296 Posts
I asked this question a few months ago. I have a CAI already though, so I was wondering if relocating the intake would make the CAI more efficient. I was told that unless the air was colder, it wasnt going to be more efficient. I thought maybe it could be relocated down by the foglights, but it would really be about the same thing. I decided that insted of relocating the whole intake system, I could add another one! So I went to the local junkard and got all the piping from another Focus. But...it is still sitting in my room so I have yet to know if it helps or not. lol

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I asked this question a few months ago. I have a CAI already though, so I was wondering if relocating the intake would make the CAI more efficient. I was told that unless the air was colder, it wasnt going to be more efficient. I thought maybe it could be relocated down by the foglights, but it would really be about the same thing. I decided that insted of relocating the whole intake system, I could add another one! So I went to the local junkard and got all the piping from another Focus. But...it is still sitting in my room so I have yet to know if it helps or not. lol
see in logic it should be colder air and if i hit higher water its gonna take a lot to suck all the way to the stock box but how were you gonna add a second one just curious

·
Registered
6,175 Posts
i think being on the ground...away from exhust heat and other things would be good. Someone put a 6.2 diesle scoop in that area and he said it worked great

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hmmm i guess i know what im gonna be doin after thanksgiving (i work evertyday till then)

·
I <3 my SVT
1,761 Posts
Please leave the stock intake alone. The air has no problem getting to the engine, it goes straight from the grille, over the aerodynamic hump, and sucked into the snorkel.
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Floods suck.
5,296 Posts
^Thats interesting. I havent seen that before.

I say atleast try it. Worst case scenario you can put it all back. If you try it and nothing happens (I am not really expecting a whole lot to happen anyways. haha) then I and others will know not to do it (or something similiar).

·
Registered
54 Posts
that doesnt look to bad, im wanting to relocate mine because i was front ended and the air tube is kinda smashed in :\

is there a thread for the hrw?

·
Registered
6,175 Posts
Please leave the stock intake alone. The air has no problem getting to the engine, it goes straight from the grille, over the aerodynamic hump, and sucked into the snorkel.
Posted via FF Mobile
Ive been told that all that hump does is keep debris out of the intake. If you look at the ST170 there is NO bump..just a nice little air inlet. (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Focu...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item5ad13b41fd)

BTW: I did my own style of the deflector.

The thing that I was talking about is essential the same a stock. You just change the intake scoop size and location. You are not missing with anything too much. The HRw deal is nice.. I just need to figure out how to keep water out of the hose

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
^Thats interesting. I havent seen that before.

I say atleast try it. Worst case scenario you can put it all back. If you try it and nothing happens (I am not really expecting a whole lot to happen anyways. haha) then I and others will know not to do it (or something similiar).
Its actually a really cool idea i might really need to try that

1 - 20 of 34 Posts