Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so after taking some info from one of threads here, I went to my local Ford dealer to purchase a front O2 sensor. The oem part # that I gave them was 5C5Z9F472BA , and this is what they gave me:

The number on the part is 1M5F-9G444-AA

They told me that it was the same part just that the number I gave them was from engineering and it differs from the actual part number.

The problem is, the wire is MUCH longer than the original (About twice as long). Look.....

Original

New

Me thinks they gave me the rear O2 sensor, even though they swore to their mother it was the front sensor.

So what do you guys think??? Is it the right sensor????

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
A 9G444 is a cat monitor, a 9F472 is a O2 sensor. A DY-1040 is what they should have givin you. The cat monitor goes after the catalytic converter and the O2 goes before the cat.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
That is the rear 02 sensor, checked and verified on my car and the rear
02 connector is blue. Try and take it back and get the front 02 sensor.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I knew it.................I even asked 3 people there. All of them told me the same thing.

So what is the complete part number (in dealer speak)???

Thanks, you are always so helpful b16

·
Registered
524 Posts
You may want to just double-check, but when my upstream O2 sensor was bad when I took delivery of the car, they tried to tell me that the part they needed was not in stock - come to find that they were going to order the one for the regular Zetec. SVTF has different cat, different cat location, different exhaust manifold (header, of course), and different O2 sensor.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I know, that's why I want to have the part number in hand. So they don't screw up again.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
You already have the complete part# in the first post, the # i gave you is the Motorcraft#

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's the number I gave them in the first place [?|] [?|] [?|] [:(!]

I hate dealing with dealerships........no offense.

·
Banned
171 Posts
The upstream o2 is the same on all Zetec Foci, SVT or non-SVT they use the same upstream o2.

The Cat monitor or downstream o2 is different form a regular Zetec.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts