Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My 2014 SE with about 11,500 miles is in for clutch replacement. The shudder is not bad but they are replacing it anyway. The part # for my clutch is BV6Z*7B546*F. Is this the most recent clutch revision? Also what is the difference between the different revisions?
I was given a new 2016 for a rental and I can feel the difference. The new car shifts much more smoothly.
I've been told the seals will not be replaced if they are not leaking. I also told them to make sure the clock works this time if they reset the TCM again.

I'm supposed to pick up the car tomorrow sometime. I can only hope the car runs well and does so for a very long time. "fingers crossed."

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts
Moved to the MkIII Problems section, General Tech Chat works best for DIY repair info..

"F" seems to be the latest version seen & reported, initial reports are generally good from the ones I've seen.

No seal replacement seems odd, they were included in the kit for a while now. Suppose not leaking is better than a screwed up installation of new ones.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Any update on your car?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Picked it up today. No shudder, although what it did have was not bad enough for me to take it in. I just mentioned it in passing when the car was in for something else. I was shocked they were going to replace them. I thought these cars had to practically be towed in before they'd replace the clutches. Other than the greasy hand/fingerprints all is well. Does anyone know what were the difference between "F" and the prior clutch revisions?
I miss the new car smell of the new 2016 loaner and the rear camera but I like mine better. The standard SE has far less than mine does with the appearance package. I thought all these cars had Sirius/XM capable radios.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
P.S. I thought it was the leaking seals that made the clutches go bad. My seals were not leaking. clutches replaced at 11,500 miles and I did not think the shudder was bad at all. Maybe Porter Ford in Newark, DE doesn't wait until they need to be towed in, or is Ford deciding to preemptively replace clutches?

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts
Doesn't have to be dramatically felt as "shudder", does have to meet the RPM variation limit during clutch engagement.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, thanks. I would have kept driving it until it really affected the drivability.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Shame on me for not reading the rental form. Based on prior experience I assumed it was on them. Not so. I just happened to open the form when I got home with my car. It was from a 3rd party company and I am to be charged $10.21 per day. That includes tax. I live in Delaware and there is NO sales tax here. The rental went from 9:51 am to 9:51 am beginning 8/3/16 to 8/4/16. Since I was not able to pick up my car until almost 3:30 today they can charge me for the 3rd day which began at 9:51 am.
Again, my fault for not looking at the paper which I assumed was just for liability and the registration. I will speak to the manager as to why a relatively new car being kept for work under the standard warrantee requires me to pay for a rental.
Not only this, if the car has to be gassed up it will be done at the rate of $6.50 per gallon. Regular is only $1.86 where I go with premium just about $1 more. Good thing I topped it off already.
What a ripoff. $6.50 per gallon would be 65.00 to fill up a Focus if nearly empty.

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts
Odd deal, though I like the rate - $10.21 plus gas sounds like a subsidized rate (partial pymt.).

Not knowing about it is the odd part, if you picked it up at the Dealer & turned it in there how are you going to be charged?

Blank credit card slip for gas/damages?

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They took credit card info which I thought was for any damage. They never signed me back in. I'm going by there tomorrow to inquire

·
Registered
990 Posts
I've had this happen where I had to pay for the insurance.

Was it a daily rate or just insurance?
The rental company also did not inform me of this.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts