Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyways so the sub i bought at the tow yard wasnt wired right and the old owner blew the vc so it doesnt work. So the guy traded me a crappy dual. The thing sounds nice, but cant feel it very well and id rather run name brand on subs since ive had bad expieriences with off brands. Anyways i was thinking of picking up this audiobahn since the guy at my local shop said audiobahn went out of business last year i am finding this as well as other higher level audiobahn subs for cheap. Question is is this sub any good? Hows audiobahns products? I know they are name brand and have heard good things just looking for input. And would i be able to run this bridged with no problem out of my amp? the amps rated at 400 rms watts and is 2 or 4 ohm stable, since the subs rated 700rms i would wanna run it at full or near full power. lmk heres the model number of the sub, and its a dvc. thanks
Audiobahn AW1200Q 12 in

·
Registered
117 Posts
If you want to just boom out to loud rap music then they are good. Other than that they are cheap subs that can just handle a ton of watts thrown at them when in reality that almost means nothing. They are not meant to be musical. My favorite budget subwoofer is the Alpine Type-R.

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
They can have some build quality issues for sure. But if they are really cheap, why not? If it is more than $100.00 there are much better options out there.

So how much power off what amp?

How big of a box are you gonna put it in?

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
They can have some build quality issues for sure. But if they are really cheap, why not? If it is more than $100.00 there are much better options out there.

So what amp?(it makes a difference).

How big of a box are you gonna put it in?

·
FocusFest Event Team
2,362 Posts
audiobahn is back actually. they went under a while back and last year got new financial backers so they are back in business again. I'm not a big fan of their stuff personally. they have always seemed like one of those companies that goes for looks over quality and performance (kinda like sony). however, I know a couple local places that sell them and have said that their new stuff is better and haven't had any problems with them.

personally I love alpine stuff if you want to look into that. kicker is also pretty good for a budget friendly option.

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
the amp is listed in the post, and like ur icon true story.
Your post only says that it is 400 watts and 2 or 4 ohm stable.

Is it a Legacy?

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
its not a bad brand, buddy of mine did a 142.0 db with 2 12" big bangs and a rockford 500.1, they have good sound. they are a little bit of on the lower end of the high performance subs but i would say good for the price. what kinda deal are you getting on those?

personaly i prefer rockford, haven't regreted them yet.

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
Craigslist is your friend. Just be sure to smell the ends and bottom of the amp for anything remotely burnt.

Have them hook it up as well.

GL

·
Registered
487 Posts
meh everything ive used thats audiobahn has always fried a coil.. plus they dont sound good.

for a low budget sub like 100 dollars ish i would go for a alpine type r

·
Da fofo love remains
1,538 Posts
kole is reliable for a while. just make sure those amps have plenty of air flow. Heat likes them and they dont like it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts