Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I wanna buy this short shifter, but I've heard bad things about the B&M and other cheap ones (that they break through and stuff like this), an actually I can't get a Steeda Shifter. So, what's your opinion about this one???

BIGTHX!

·
Registered
875 Posts
I'm curious as well: what makes a good short shifter?

·
Registered
178 Posts
i got mine off of ebay for like 30 bucks shipped... Easy install and does what it says it does, shorter throws....

I'm happy with mine... just make sure you get the one that fits your car, they changed the shifter after april 2002....

·
Registered
60 Posts
no, i purchased one and was very unhappy with it. its not worth the time, hassle, nor the $30 + shipping.

·
AKA Toyotech
4,041 Posts
obx is crab, and how could u put b&m and cheap in the same sentence, they were the first to release the short throw for the focus and i have had one for over 2 years now problem free

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK, thx for information!

Kicknzx3 said:
obx is crab, and how could u put b&m and cheap in the same sentence, they were the first to release the short throw for the focus and i have had one for over 2 years now problem free
Because I've been in the car when it broke in a borla show focus....that was enough! ;)

·
Focus Enthusiast
365 Posts
Mr.Black said:
OK, thx for information!

Because I've been in the car when it broke in a borla show focus....that was enough! ;)
well, that about sums it up!

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
I haven't ever had any experience with OBX products. I have the FC race short shifter. I like it a lot.

·
Capt. Urn
5,491 Posts
how difficult is instalation of a short throw shifter?

·
Registered
567 Posts
I found my Steeda shifter on ebay for 40 bucks. You can get on there you just have to keep your eye out.

·
Registered
567 Posts
installing them is easy. take the shift knob and boot off. unsnak linkage in front unscrew the 4 screws, lean shifter to drivers side and pull it out. do oppisite to get it back in it takes about 20 mins. max. oh and when you put the boot back on you'll need a new zip tie. thats about it.

·
Capt. Urn
5,491 Posts
thats nice and simple, i was afraid it would just be an ugly mess. ty for the info

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
b&M is not cheap or crappy. tell the person who was driving that car to stop TRYING to kill it. its expensive enough

·
Registered
348 Posts
I have the obx it is just as good as the b&m and had it since i got my foci.Anything will break if u abuse it like slam from gear to gear like there is no tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
I was gonna get a steeda short throw, but now I might consider the B&M.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts