Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Focusless
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.myfordfocus.com/how-to/resonator.htm

Id like to do it so I can get a more sportier sound to my exhaust... but I don't want to ruin anything in doing it. Its winter here in Wisconsin and I just want to make sure that if I do this, I don't have to worry about anything. Will anything get damaged after this has been off for a while? What does it do in the first place?

Thanks guys, any help would be appreciated

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
yup, there is no problems in doing that at all!!

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
i did this and it makes the engine sounds better especially when you get on it!

go for it man, you'll like the sound

·
Registered
345 Posts
Hahaha I read this post like 30 mins ago and went out and did this already. Engine sounds great, I need to get an exhaust for the full effect though. For 5 mins of my time I'm content. [8)]

·
Premium Member
7,348 Posts
Definately do it man. Free, and makes it sound good. Although, do you have aftermarket exhaust? If you do, you might not be able to hear it over the exhaust.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Yeah man! Just do it! LOL its just the silencer man. No real gains though man

·
Focusless
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well i went out and did it today, but i cant really notice a difference. its probably because i already removed my resonator, but thats alright. while doing it, i snapped the top two clips, but oh well, if i do decide to put it back in, i know that the bottom clip will hold it in just fine. thanks everyone

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
I Might do this on my DD, back when I was NA on the SVT and had the stock airbox I took the little s-tube off and it made the car sounds really cool too!

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Great first mod!

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
wtf is up with this? I tried it and not a single difference....... have an exhaust, but STILL.... guess SPI can't make the sucking power. lol.

oh and eew, I have this weird fram air filter the people at the shop put in..... gonna get a K&N filter [thumb]

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I did it...put it back on...and then last weekend when i bored out my TB I drove w/ it on and then took it off and it sounds crazy. I like it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts