Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a 2012 automatic this week. It has 92,700 Niles on it and would want to get any warranty issues out of the way before 100K. So I am curious what these dreaded DCT and TCM issues are. How they prese themselves earl on. My car shifts a little hard between 1st and third gears, but not sure if this normal. 1St gear seems really short. When I put it in S, it still shifts on it's own. My last car was an 09 Saturn Aura XR (God I miss that car) with a 6 speed auto and it had none of these issues. I know it's comparing apples to oranges, but looking for advice.

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts
You aren't describing any warranty type issues, you can learn more about them by reading in the forum. Sounds pretty normal, with the six speed 1st is very short.

"S" mode changes shifting but doesn't lock it in gear, you should read the manual for the exact details on how that and the shift button works.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll definitely have to read the manual, I just haven't had time. I just bought it Sunday and need to disable the seatbelt radio mute, which I did find the post for. It only came with 1 key, so I hope it's the master.

·
Registered
497 Posts
i dont think it should shift hard through any gears with normal driving. The only time it should shift hard and quick is when you have thee gas pedal mashed to the floor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts