Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://youtu.be/qO04BhKXpFg

This may be completely normal but I cant seem to figure out if it is or not on my own. I have a steeda cai, toms tune, fswerks stealth exhaust. No problems with the car except it revs up to 2000 rpm at stop unless I let off the brake and let it drift forward about a foot and then apply the brake again where it will then stop revving and fall down to idle around 500 rpm. It doesnt always do this and that is what bothers me. It happens on cold days and on warm days. It just confuses me and I want to make sure im not missing a bigger problem here.

Any info helps, thanks!

·
Focus Preacher
3,417 Posts
http://youtu.be/qO04BhKXpFg

This may be completely normal but I cant seem to figure out if it is or not on my own. I have a steeda cai, toms tune, fswerks stealth exhaust. No problems with the car except it revs up to 2000 rpm at stop unless I let off the brake and let it drift forward about a foot and then apply the brake again where it will then stop revving and fall down to idle around 500 rpm. It doesnt always do this and that is what bothers me. It happens on cold days and on warm days. It just confuses me and I want to make sure im not missing a bigger problem here.

Any info helps, thanks!
Did you try to revert to the stock tune temporary to see if you have any changes?

Any MIL/CEL?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you try to revert to the stock tune temporary to see if you have any changes?

Any MIL/CEL?
Stock tune does not do this at all I should have mentioned. No MIL/CEL, so I am assuming it may have something to do with the tune which if that is the case I will work that out with Tom and that's that. I just was making sure that this is indeed not supposed to happen while stopped and that I should address it or not. It seems to happen more on cold starts or the first time starting the car that day.

·
Focus Preacher
3,417 Posts
Stock tune does not do this at all I should have mentioned. No MIL/CEL, so I am assuming it may have something to do with the tune which if that is the case I will work that out with Tom and that's that. I just was making sure that this is indeed not supposed to happen while stopped and that I should address it or not. It seems to happen more on cold starts or the first time starting the car that day.
You should contact Tom [:)]

Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts