Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kinda hard to see but on both sides of my car the majority of the piece that runs under the doors (what's this called?) has a rough looking paint job. It's smooth to the touch but it's bumpy. You can see a line where the roughness starts.

·
Registered
295 Posts
This is normal, the lower part of the entire car is painted with a tougher paint.

Is has some flex additives in it to withstand stones and other hard materials hitting it.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
good to know. thanks guys [thumb]

well apparently it isn' t very tough. I drove through some road construction and got some muddy gravel on the tires. Those white spots are paint chips. [:(!]

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
unfknrl said:
good to know. thanks guys [thumb]

well apparently it isn' t very tough. I drove through some road construction and got some muddy gravel on the tires. Those white spots are paint chips. [:(!]
Lanka. Stuff works wonders for paint chips man.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
It's not tougher paint. It's the same red paint that is on the rest of the car. What they do is spray a heavy tar substance that is similer to Gravitex. The graivtex is sprayed on first before the normal painting procedure.

---Randy

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
Many car companies including Porsche do this. Most of them use havy pain though, if I remember correctly. Dunno about Ford

1 - 8 of 8 Posts