Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
need new focus?!
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what would i do about the 3 bolt pattern at the bottom, would i have to weld on an orp or then the flex or what cause i already have a cat back exhaust idk if the shop that does all my welding would be able to make a flange to fit it or not plus i need a res. too cause my exhaust is way to loud the cops have been giving me a lot shit about it...

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
The muffler shop should be able to weld up an orp to bolt to it but be warned as you will no longer have a cat unless you get a svt cat.

·
need new focus?!
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well right now i have the 4-1 header to a flex then cat then welded to the cat is my exhaust...if i got the obx from there would i have to do orp, svt flex, cat then exhaust im just kinda lost thats all

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
I dont see why the muffler shop could no just whip up a bolt in pipe to go between the obx/svt header and the existing flex pipe that is already there. Shouldnt cost more than 50 bucks installed. Get the header throw it in the seat and go to the muffler shop, get the car in the air and show them what needs to be done and get a price quote.

·
I <3 my SVT
1,761 Posts
No muffler shop can create that special svt flange. You have to get one custom made, I got mine from a member on here for around 20 bucks. you then have to get the svt gasket, which NO parts stores have (even if they say they do, they don't) so you have to get one from ford, which is 27.90. you then have to go to the exhaust shop and have them make you an orp from the header to the flex. I have a zetec flex, so mine was about 14" long. cost me $50.

My svt header setup is worth every penny. My header is OEM though.

Matt

·
Registered
16 Posts
well right now i have the 4-1 header to a flex then cat then welded to the cat is my exhaust...if i got the obx from there would i have to do orp, svt flex, cat then exhaust im just kinda lost thats all
Save your money buy a real SVT header/flex/cat setup and get either a stock SVT exhaust or aftermarket.

So your cat being after the flex pipe, you have your o2's routed all they way back there?

·
I <3 my SVT
1,761 Posts

Matt
Posted via FF Mobile

·
need new focus?!
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Save your money buy a real SVT header/flex/cat setup and get either a stock SVT exhaust or aftermarket.

So your cat being after the flex pipe, you have your o2's routed all they way back there?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/M2-HEADER-F...&fits=Model:Focus&vxp=mtr&hash=item3a58ccccf2

this is the header that i have i went into the buy/sell and asked if anyone had a svt header not the obx one someone got back to me bout it im waiting for pics nd yes also the o2 does reach all the way back there...from this set up i have the 3" cat and and 3" exhaust after and with the original set i ordered the cat never came with it so i have a 2 1/2 foot straight pipe left over so i can use that...thats not the issue i was concerned about it was how would i connect everything if i did the svt set up do i go over or under the frame....is another question i had

http://www.mandrelexhaustsystems.com/servlet/the-24/00-dsh-04-FOCUS-EXHAUST-FLEXPIPE/Detail
and this is the flex i was looking to get
http://www.mandrelexhaustsystems.com/servlet/the-147/ADD-ON-RESONATOR-OPTION/Detail
and this is the res i was looking to get as well to quite the exhaust down

·
I <3 my SVT
1,761 Posts
Did you see my pics? That flex is actually the one you gave in the m2 setup. I would definately get the trubendz stuff, i have the magnaflow 18" resonator that you had the link of. Sounds good.

Matt
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
45 Posts
i have the svt header orp and dipstick if you are looking for one i bought it over a month ago from a member on here and never put it on its been hear rapped i can send pics of you want just in need of money right now more then anything so

·
need new focus?!
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Did you see my pics? That flex is actually the one you gave in the m2 setup. I would definately get the trubendz stuff, i have the magnaflow 18" resonator that you had the link of. Sounds good.

Matt
Posted via FF Mobile
i think that m2 flex is shit now i think over a short period of time it separated cause i didnt have the exhaust hung up on anything and it was just hanging off of it so i would like a new one anyways to ensure good flow and sound

·
I <3 my SVT
1,761 Posts
yea that's why my flex portion is aftermarket. it completely tore apart.

Matt

·
need new focus?!
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
but to be honest does the svt/orp have better flow then the m2 header cause if you really look at it, it looks like its just straight flow instead of all the twisty pipes...jw

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
for the record ive been running a ebay brand "m2" 4-1 header with the flex pipe that came with it for well over 3 years now without ever an issue out of it. my only gripe about that header is that it was a bit of a pain to get it to fit right and it is way down on power when compared to the SVT header.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts