Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Go with the kickers. Those are great subs. IMO the 10's sound better but if he is set on the 12's then thats fine. And for an amp I would get either a mono block running 800 wats RMS at 4 ohms, or a two channel running 400X2 at 4 ohms. The watts don't have to be exactly the same, they can be a less. But don't do anymore then that.

·
Premium Member
8,343 Posts
i wouldnt go with the pyramid... did he check how much the shipping will be? That kicker enclosure looks heavy.. out of the 2 id go with the kickers IMO theyr made a lot more durable to run high watts. i am human so i could be wrong.. also chek onlinecarstereo.com they have sum pretty good stuff theyr

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i was wondering how much worse the pyramid than the other set of speakers?

and also, the shipping is just about over $30

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
pyramid isn't horrible but when you throw up an option that says kicker(name brand) and compare it to Pyramid(not name brand), there isn't much to decide. Kicker is one of the best speakers out there.

·
Premium Member
8,343 Posts
oh ok.. Kickers are a pretty famous brand theyre everywhere really they make good stuuf on the other hand pyramid is like a fleamarket brand they still do a decent job as far pounding but its never as clear and you will never get the deepness of bass like a cvr... then durability kicker takes it IMO ive seen many duals blown and Kingwoods ( i know very bootleg) and superbass and may other low priced subs go out easily under stress.. in the end of course you get what you pay for.. tell him to invest a bit more and get the kickers or keep looking around for other good priced items.. i saw on that website sum alpine 10's going for really cheap im looking to purchase something like that.. youd be amazed on what good quality tens with a right sub box can do.. may ppl are stuck on 12's but really what makes a huge difference is the box itself one that is made for your sub.. mtx does this frequently they make a thunder series box of course they make em in large quantities but a mtx sub sound sooo much better in one of mtx boxes then a generic box itself.. Speaking of which.. Chek out mtx they got sum good stuff for low price.. tell him to check out open box items at local stereo places.. you can always find good stuff theyr 2

·
MW2 NE1?
1,612 Posts
if you get a chance go to ebay and look for seller: stereoneeds. thats who i get my amps and subs from. get a 800W RMS audiobahn amp, and 2 audiobahn subs. thats what i have right now sounds really great and its all hooked up to the stock svt 6 disk changer.

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
funny, i was looking at the same thing tonight with my buddy, with a kicker 750W mono for it as well.

I need something i can put in to bump around and be able to remove if I go auto-x or something......

·
Registered
0 Posts
funny, i was looking at the same thing tonight with my buddy, with a kicker 750W mono for it as well.

I need something i can put in to bump around and be able to remove if I go auto-x or something......
Brinton when you get back let me know, we can figure something out that's better than this one. [thumb]

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
hahaha.....i can do that......let you go have fun in my hatch...lol....[paranoid]

·
Registered
0 Posts
hahaha.....i can do that......let you go have fun in my hatch...lol....[paranoid]
ooo, I like when I get to........ oh nevermind [shhh]

[joke]

But in all seriousness when you get back we can formulate something out that'd be killer for your hatch [thumb]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts