Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife’s Chevy Aveo forum has more resourceful information than this, and that car wasn’t popular at all. I can’t find the torque specs or bolt sequences or stupid things like how to replace a stereo, or take the interior trim off - how does such a popular car have so little detail on their forum? How did any of you people figure out how to work on anything? It doesn’t make sense. Did you all just buy the repair manual? Or take it to a shop? Are you all just ricers or boomers? I don’t get it. And then I post stuff with pictures and get crap answers. Seriously it’s agitating, I found one video on YouTube, it was the only place on the internet that had the torque for my transmission Drain and fill plugs.

but I bet y’all will comment or delete this crap post because that’s just my luck with this community so far.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Ha. What year is yours? Between this forum and YouTube, I've been able to fix/maintain whatever has come up.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I've been able to find just about anything. I find it easier to search on Google and have it direct me to hear then to search directly from the site.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didn't give you crap answers about your strut.
you were the only one lol

Ha. What year is yours? Between this forum and YouTube, I've been able to fix/maintain whatever has come up.
2012 SEL

I can’t figure out how to get the trim panel of from around the stereo. I’ve seen people doing it to the same design except for some reason they find screws on the bottom side of theirs but mine is kind of a solid piece so I can’t see any screws I don’t know what the hell it is man

·
Registered
16,316 Posts
'How did any of you people figure out how to work on anything? It doesn’t make sense.'

Of course it wouldn't to somebody expecting everybody to tell him how to install a drain plug.

One just looks, thinks, and then carefully acts. Reading helps a lot but give up on that in today's world, a lost art. You can't be timid if learning on your own and with your own dollar at risk but it DOES pay off if you go a bit slower to do more thinking on it. Minus that and you may as well give up. You can think about a thing 50 times, once you decide to act you can only make it work or screw it up once. Where most of the mistakes are made, not thinking more about it first.

Reactions: Pb-foot

·
Registered
185 Posts
'How did any of you people figure out how to work on anything? It doesn’t make sense.'

Of course it wouldn't to somebody expecting everybody to tell him how to install a drain plug.

One just looks, thinks, and then carefully acts. Reading helps a lot but give up on that in today's world, a lost art. You can't be timid if learning on your own and with your own dollar at risk but it DOES pay off if you go a bit slower to do more thinking on it. Minus that and you may as well give up. You can think about a thing 50 times, once you decide to act you can only make it work or screw it up once. Where most of the mistakes are made, not thinking more about it first.
<SARCASM>And it’s everybody else’s obligation to help me.</SARCASM>

·
Registered
16,316 Posts
I like it that I have a 50% chance of being a boomer by the description there. Or a ricer. Whichever is worse I guess.

'Help me, (insult), help me.'

Freakin' lemmingworld..................the forum's dead y'all. Time to go home.

God, what an outlook on things.

·
Registered
963 Posts
I can’t figure out how to get the trim panel of from around the stereo. I’ve seen people doing it to the same design except for some reason they find screws on the bottom side of theirs but mine is kind of a solid piece so I can’t see any screws I don’t know what the hell it is man
Did you see this?

·
Registered
16,316 Posts
Most parts snap fit now, they don't want to have to use any tool on the assembly line not needed. 85% of a car is now assembled using only a gloved hand as the tool.

The problem of course is figuring out the trick direction to unsnap the parts without breakage. And the order of parts to remove that impact what you want to remove, they often go in a numbered process as each one covers up this or that on others.

Dunno about Ford now in the service manuals but Nissan at least marks where all fasteners are and the type like plastic or metal clip and the direction to move the parts to best unfasten them without breaking.

I always now mark up instructions showing how a part comes off best by looking at the fastening method and then later if I have to yank it again it again comes off easy with no breaking. A new necessary skill in the world of plastic parts that snap in on most applications. You are a butcher if you don't pick it up. Practice on junkyard cars can be very enlightening and save you a bundle, those plastic dash parts are commonly whoppingly stupid overpriced if you buy them OEM.

·
Grey Friar
923 Posts
Come on... when you lack any and all search skills, and don't have the patience to find an existing thread about something... I guess, the next obvious thing to do is to blame the place you are looking. Must not be your fault, it must be everybody else's fault... huh? There is an audio section, a general chat section, a technical chat section, and a section for each gen Focus. Bet you didn't search them all before complaining... I know this site is stuffed full of info, with most queries having been answered over, and over, and over again, etc, posted by people who refuse or are unable to search.

·
Registered
16,316 Posts
It's more of a 'pay attention to ME, my mother never did' thing................they all demand the personal touch or they feel slighted. The truculent children insisting on being dressed by others.

I always laugh at the 'I searched for a long time and found nothing' openly advertising incompetence at search. I get choked with hundreds of results instantly when I do it.

Lemmingworld.

Reactions: Pb-foot

·
Grey Friar
923 Posts
^Sad but true. Whiners whining about whining by whiners. "You guys don't service my needs well enough". "You guys aren't good enough for me." When they should be able to admit the truth and say something like, "Feed me, I can't feed myself." I've jumped to help someone who admitted incompetence and lack of mechanical aptitude, and/or limited computer skills. I'm reluctant to help someone on a forum who points fingers at everybody else and fails to point any at the real cause of their problem... themselves.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Did I hurt y’all feelings? Damn

I did say it was my luck to get some crap comments from this. I don’t expect any of you to help me either, nor was I finger pointing, hence I was asking if this forum was dead.

·
Registered
16,316 Posts
You did more whining than that and you know it, but if you are silly enough to not grasp it, we just told you.

You can't even make any logical sense, as in if we weren't going to help you to begin with then why did you even bother to ask? Hey stupid, when you remark you will get bad comments that is finger pointing. Before you even get them, making it twice as stupid. You invited us to do it. And by cutting the legs out of your argument by using 'don't' and 'nor' your 'hence' statement is....well, it 's just more stupid, you killed your premise for making it then made it anyway.

We're NOT GOING TO MAKE SENSE TO YOU, you cannot think. Look at your statements.

Clear enough? Go to a Trump rally and be happy with others of your kind. We talk sense here.

(some people simply cannot use english in a proper fashion.....ergo, lemmings)

Reactions: aca2983

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Sorry some of these guys are so rude.
We don't tolerate that type of behavior on my Fiesta ST site.

They are old and have nothing better to do.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16,316 Posts
Yeah, I went way too far there. Like it was going to affect anything at all. And even then poster is too silly to pick up on it, earth being a great joke there. You can't insult somebody too silly to pick up on it.

Don't apologize for me, I can suffer my own self damage thank you. Besides that you apologized to somebody whose OP insulted us. I suggest you read it again. You apologized to him for my behavior and let him in effect walk all over us doing it. You can be a polite lapdog to be kicked all you like but do not include me in that.

They will do what they will regardless, you see the reaction and proof right there, They can't take or view anything seriously at all and why so many lives are messed up. The lemming by nature cannot ever realize it is headed for a cliff.

Laughing at his being insulted and can't even tighten a drain plug.............oh YEAH, we be in trouble now.

I'll apologize to the rest of the site at least for being a jerk. Getting very close to having my 101% fill of the newer MAGA America Trump touts, it makes me want to throw up. So much self-instilled constantly reinforced stupidity. I'd be better off simply going away to do things back in a world where things always work and pretty much never go wrong to begin with. So many of the problems here are owner created and never needed to happen. You can fix the cars with the greatest of ease but the drivers, no way. The more you work on them the broker they get.

·
Grey Friar
923 Posts
OP... to answer your question... this website IS almost dead. There have been a couple of attempts to kill it, but it is still a treasure trove of stored information, if someone is inclined to search.

The oddest thing is, this section, the "Off-Topic Discussions > General Chat Lounge", is receiving many new posters asking technical questions that ordinarily would land in another, much more appropriate section. Not sure why that is, I can only speculate... I assume these new posters are landing in this section, because of a combination of internet search-engine algorithms (Google and others), and some internal directing policies of this website. It seems like "recent activity posts" identify a target area for the search engines... assuming that the most current post activity = most useful info for current cars.

Someone posts a query in Google... "2014 Ford Focus 'blah-blah'"... and somehow this section is flagged. For some reason, the search engine finds this site and this section... I can only assume that this website and the search-engine is directing them to the highest current volume of posts section. So many better places to start a post than this one, if you are looking for technical responses.

Reactions: Ductape91

·
Registered
16,316 Posts
Most likely the most convoluted path the site software can conjure up now to get maximum clicks.

The single biggest reason why the site is dying, or dying even faster, depending on how you want to look at it.

People immediately know when the site has gotten harder to navigate but in today's stupid Trump world it has somehow become a 'good thing'.

How you degrade down to NEEDING torque specs for a f-cking drain plug. Can't live without it.

·
Grey Friar
923 Posts
I assume someone actually asked about torque specs for a drain plug??? Wow. At least they're not likely to become a tire shop impact-gun goon, who seem to love to torque wheel nuts to a 150+ ft lbs... run the gun until it can't move the nut anymore.

I blame auto manufacturers for a lot of the confusion. Back before they started using PLASTIC all over the engine compartment and on the engine, I never used torque specs on anything unless I was doing an actual rebuild... head gaskets, mani seals, and internals need proper torque and technique... but the rest, just feel it. Today with all the plastic crap everywhere the old standard of "German engineering"... goot-en-tite... can only be applied to the fewer steel-to-steel or alloy-to-steel parts.

Maybe the newer gear-heads are so used to having to hit between 8 and 12 in lbs, they probably wonder if they're doing damage when the spec is 35 ft lbs, or 50+, heaven forbid a gradual increase of re-torques... or a suspension bolt.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts