Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i have had my focus for about 3 years now and latley when i have been washing it I am finding scraches some right down to the steel one even starting to rust. and my deacals are starting to peel off and because i never really waxed it so the paint lighten d I first noticed this when ford replaced my front bumper and just wipped up some stock paint and it did not match.
so i want to paint it . this colour (see link) what do you think?

http://www.lambocars.com/hr/gal/gall5.htm

yes its a lamborghini gallardo, that may make the paint be pricey

·
Livin' it up in Cali
2,005 Posts
^^^^^^^HEHE. It looks good, go for it.

·
BAD EGG
7,418 Posts
Looks like the Nissan Solar Yellow, a little lighter but similiar. Great color BTW.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
gr8 color unfortunatley the price tag will be about as much as a used focus. if you go with the same paint lamborgihni uses.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
^LOL. I did too!

And it does look kinda like Screaming Yellow. Go for it! (if you got the cash)

·
BAD EGG
7,418 Posts
If you even mention the Lambo name the price of a paint job just doubles. That's why you have to find something that is close enough and aim for that. I have a very good connection at a BMW body shop so I get after hours work done for the price of paint alone.

·
*~*
13,045 Posts
What you can do is , print that pic out, cut out a piece and any bodyshop will match it up. Just say it is kinda like this and so and so, so they don't raise the price. ??? Just my suggestion.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i am sure ill get a different mix because if i were to order that from lamborghing it WILL run me about 10k plus getting it put on. plus some italian guy would laugh at me if i tell i am putting on a focus but its a plan.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
That is a hot color. Infact it's very simple to do. Go to your local DuPont certified shop and get some yellow of your choice, (yellow will be expensive because of the pigmentation). Then have them mix up 4530S, and 1001S in a can different from the yellow. 1001S is pearl white, and 4520S is flop control agent, (controls the flop in the paint). The 1001S/4530S is the combination that makes up the white pearl that will need to be added after the yellow is placed onto the car. This is known as a Tri-coat paint..basically it's the same thing as those pearl white Escalade, Cadillacs..etc. Pearl White is done with a white, and then 4530S, 1001S are combined and then sprayed on after the color. The clear goes over that. Infact, this can be done with any color. I've done it with red with a blue pearl..looks incredible

---Randy

1 - 20 of 21 Posts