Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am probably going to get Steeda springs which drop about 1.5. I don't want a huge drop that is why I chose theirs. Is it a must to get struts and shocks with the new springs so that your tires won't wear out quicker? If so would the SVT struts and shocks be good enough rather than spending a fortune on eibach or such? Thanks

·
Registered
161 Posts
My opinion, when you change springs, you also change struts and shocks. If the stock shocks stay with the lower springs, will die sooner and they will not cooperate 100% with the springs.

I have put Performance Set of Sachs, and the car dropped ~1,5. Its just a bit harder, as I wanted.

The choice is yours.

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
the shocks/struts have nothing to do with how your tires wear. it's about the camber, and having camber adjustments and all that nonsense. on a 1.5" drop, you will be fine with your stock dampers for a good year or so. it's nothing you have to do RIGHT AWAY, but if you ARE wanting to kill two birds with one stone, yes, the SVT dampers will be a decent way to go, being as how the SVT sits about 1.2-1.5" lower than the standard zx3. so it'd pretty much be right on the money.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. It's not that I wouldn't like new struts and shocks it's that they are so damn expensive and I ain't lookin to road race at all. So the SVT struts and shocks should be good? That is what I needed to hear. I found them fairly cheap so that makes me happy.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Blackandgold:
did you install the svt suspension yet? if so, was a camber kit required? i am planning on the same svt suspension swap. please let me know, thanks.

·
Registered
344 Posts
well, what about svt/springs and dampers? i need better suspension and i can't afford eibach.

·
Registered
39 Posts
TireRack.com has 3 real nice sets if ya wanna save your money and buy them. Two of them are by Eibach, and 1 by H&R. The 1st Eibach one is a complete focus lowering kit (1.5in.), thicker sway bars, pro sport springs & shocks. It is $740 but I am sure you could find it cheaper than that elseware. The second set had everything but the sway bar kit for $582. The H&R kit has an extreme lowering kit, (2.6in.) and includes new shocks & springs ($573). I used the $582 Eibach kit and am VERY satisfied. They dramaticlly lower the car, provide crisp turnin, and it just looks plain kewl sitting in the parking lot. The ride quality was a bit firmer, but very tolerable as an everyday driver. It sounds like ya don't have very much money, but the Eibach kit was well worth my money and I would definitely buy it again. Happy Driving [thumb]

·
Registered
388 Posts
sdwndr85 said:
TireRack.com has 3 real nice sets if ya wanna save your money and buy them. Two of them are by Eibach, and 1 by H&R. The 1st Eibach one is a complete focus lowering kit (1.5in.), thicker sway bars, pro sport springs & shocks. It is $740 but I am sure you could find it cheaper than that elseware. The second set had everything but the sway bar kit for $582. The H&R kit has an extreme lowering kit, (2.6in.) and includes new shocks & springs ($573). I used the $582 Eibach kit and am VERY satisfied. They dramaticlly lower the car, provide crisp turnin, and it just looks plain kewl sitting in the parking lot. The ride quality was a bit firmer, but very tolerable as an everyday driver. It sounds like ya don't have very much money, but the Eibach kit was well worth my money and I would definitely buy it again. Happy Driving [thumb]
Since you went into price and all.....

http://gallery.bcentral.com/Gallery/ProductListing.aspx?GID=5039290&Dept=345138&searchString=&page=1

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yea, Tirerack has overinflated prices, but provide a good description of their products. I got mine from my friend who works for SoCal Speedshop. That looks like a pretty reputable site ya recommended, specially since its in Cali. : )
[hatchet]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts