·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that's fine..i really like them and i was thinking about getting them after Christmas.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
i think they look sweet don't get me wrong...i'm likeing the red ring...i just would be cautious with buying some rim that no-one has heard of...truuuuust me...personal experiance in that one

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks...what issue did you have?

·
Registered
584 Posts
The fact that they're also trying to sell an 18x8" and 18x9" version of that wheel that "fits" the focus is VERY discouraging. Call them and see if you can get the offset (or backspace) and weight of a 17x7. If they can tell you those then there is potential. If they can't, move on.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks!

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
The fact that they're also trying to sell an 18x8" and 18x9" version of that wheel that "fits" the focus is VERY discouraging. Call them and see if you can get the offset (or backspace) and weight of a 17x7. If they can tell you those then there is potential. If they can't, move on.
whats wrong with 18x8 and 9. there a lot of show car foci that go for the 18's and with having 18x9, you can creat a flush look along the fender wall. now if i were to see 19 then that would discouraging. 18's can fit the focus, with no rubbing, no problem. you will see a lot of off brand wheels to have a large variety of fitment.

Reactions: focus_kid_89

·
Registered
921 Posts
whats wrong with 18x8 and 9. there a lot of show car foci that go for the 18's and with having 18x9, you can creat a flush look along the fender wall. now if i were to see 19 then that would discouraging. 18's can fit the focus, with no rubbing, no problem. you will see a lot of off brand wheels to have a large variety of fitment.
Have you gone under and looked at the strut and wheel placement? I have
Euro SVT wheels and with 215/45/17 Falken Azenis, they are less than a 1/4 inch from the shock tubes. An 8 inch wide wheel would need a small offset or a lot of spacing. 9 inches is ridiculous and would need fender flares and even less offset and/or 30mm of spacing.

·
Shiroi kabocha
1,974 Posts
Those would be some extremely sketchy fitments on a focus. I am running an 18x8.5 on my Rabbit and I know that it would have NEVER come close to fitting properly on my Focus. That said, with a wide body those widths are not all that crazy, but the tires required on those wheels would be really stretched.

Reactions: focus_kid_89

·
Registered
244 Posts
umm i think there was a guy buying a set over on fj and he hasn't gotten them in yet. but i def was looking at the black with teh polished lip those are hawt!!!18x8 woot woot!!!

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
thanks...what issue did you have?
they were of cheap quality. they were all black and after a while they paint started chipping off...and that was only two years worth of driving and they didn't see winter...also, they bent easy. i hit a curb just barly, didn't even have a scratch on them, i was only goign like 5 mph, and the lip bent....i had to bring it to a rim shop so many times to get it rebent i finially just sold thjem

·
Registered
774 Posts
You can do 18x8 wheels. you just have to be a little more careful with tire selection. The Kyowa brand wheels have been around, they just are not name brand stuff, probably not the best. Stick with a more reputable wheel company like Tire Rack or Wheels Next or WheelFire or Dicount Tire Direct, those guys seem more with the game.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks a lot everyone...does anyone know where i could get rims that are black with the red stripe?...i've looked and that was the only place i saw them in my price range.

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
hey listen.......if you like em, I guess do what you want, but when you get them the first thing I would do is, if you have access to a wheel/tire balance, put the bare rim on it and check to make sure they're all in balance from the start..... some more expensive machines, like the new one from Hunter, have some pretty cool features that check all this stuff about the rim, the spoke spacing, and balance..... and you can get a print out report so if anything is wrong with them, tell the manufacturer or whoever, and include that report and send it back [thumb] just fyi, I only say Hunter, because that's really the only company I know that does that stuff, and I've had some experience with that specific kind [thumb] it's like the 9000 series or something, lol.

but really, something else to check on....... it's happened to those aftermarket Chinese rims where they're way off balance even before you put the wheel on. [:)]

·
has a screw loose
9,927 Posts
This is mine setting on 18's and yes I am doing a drop and have all the stuff to do it with , just need time .

You can't really see the tires but they are 215/40/18 .

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
all look good!...I really want 18's but I've herd that they can bend easily because of there is little tire between the road and rim.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts