Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Focusless
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I need some winter rims and tires because I don't wanna ruin my aftermarket ones and I need better traction now.

Set of 4 steelies with snow tires, new last winter, less than 4000 miles. Like new.

He's asking $400 or best offer.

Is this a good deal? They look good and they are local. Input please, +Rep apprieciated!

·
FUBARCUS
2003 ZX3 2016 FoST
7,787 Posts
Depends on the set of tires on them.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
consider what you'd pay for winter tires. maybe 65 a tire. on the cheap side. + 25 for install, mounting, balancing, ect. so 90 a tire. then ur only paying 40 bucks for rims!!! just make sure the tread is still there. if it is!! then get them!!!

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
heck, u can prolly get them for about 350 or less!! go for it!!!

Reactions: _spyder

·
Focusless
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here are some pics of the wheels:

Anyone have an idea on how much some steelies and snow tires would be new at a shop?

·
FUBARCUS
2003 ZX3 2016 FoST
7,787 Posts
I would do it offer him a little bit less Like mlb said. Think about what it cost for mounting balancing after purchasing the tire, so this is definitely a good deal.

Reactions: _spyder

·
Focusless
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would do it offer him a little bit less Like mlb said. Think about what it cost for mounting balancing after purchasing the tire, so this is definitely a good deal.
Okay. Thanks both of you, +Rep added.

Do you know if I will be able to just get away with jacking up my car and taking the current ones off, and then bolting these new ones on there? I would only be running them for the winter months. Lemme know because I am very tight on cash.

Thanks

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
ya, as long as its the same bolt pattern which it looks like it is. you will be just fine!! that looks like semi directional tread, so make sure you put them on the right side!!

·
Focusless
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
alright sounds good.. thanks!

·
FUBARCUS
2003 ZX3 2016 FoST
7,787 Posts
Make sure you don't over tighten your lugs but don't undertighten them either. Do any of your friends have Torque wrench by chance? that would be your best bet. If not just make sure they're not too snug I know someone who made that mistake and the lugs shot off as he drove down the road.

·
Focusless
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah, as a matter of fact my neighbor has one :]
good thing, and thanks for the advice!

tomorrow ill make a few calls to some local tire shops and see how much they are asking for something like this. then ill probably pick these up if i dont find a better deal.

·
FUBARCUS
2003 ZX3 2016 FoST
7,787 Posts
94ft/lbs Btw forgot to mention that.

·
Focusless
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
alright sounds good :]

·
Gal. 2:20
1,999 Posts
dude i just got new stellies and mud/snow tires and it cost ne alomst 620 bucks so i would say 400 would be goo but 370 would be better...lol OBO rite?

·
Focusless
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Also, I figured out that the tires are General Altimax Arctic size 185/65/14.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Either way when you do decide to put them on your car please :
Chock your tires,
Use jack-stands if available to prevent the car from slipping off that glorious jack that Ford gave us.
Use a torque wrench like one of the other members mentioned.
Let people know where you are (just in case)
Change your tires on a flat surface, no driveways with inclines/declines.
And have plenty of room to work on your car without the fear of boxes and other stuff falling on you and creating a disturbance.

·
Focusless
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Either way when you do decide to put them on your car please :
Chock your tires,
Use jack-stands if available to prevent the car from slipping off that glorious jack that Ford gave us.
Use a torque wrench like one of the other members mentioned.
Let people know where you are (just in case)
Change your tires on a flat surface, no driveways with inclines/declines.
And have plenty of room to work on your car without the fear of boxes and other stuff falling on you and creating a disturbance.
Thanks for the advice :]
I will check the tire pressure before I put them on the vehicle.
I will probably use 4 jack stands just to be safe.
Hopefully I will be able to use a torque wrench.
I will probably change them in my friends big garage with his help.

·
Focusless
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 20 Posts