Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm looking at buying a 2005 Ford Focus ZX4 SE.

It has 107,000 miles.

Body is in good shape, just a couple of really minor dings.

Interior is in good shape as well.

It is the dark blue color. (I don't know the exact name for the color).

It is the 4 door sedan.

It has tinted windows.

Everything else is stock.

For $4100

Assuming it checks out from the dealership as having nothing major wrong with it, is it a good deal?

thanks in advance for any responses.

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
You can get a better price.

Ask to see the sales manager and only the sales manager(do not tell the saleman anything else!)and ask him the out the door price(that includes tax, title and lic.).

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
^^ This

It's not grossly overpriced but you should be able to work it down considering the miles on it.

·
Jetsetter
6,659 Posts
thats not too bad, but you could work that down a little bit.

·
GT40 all the things!
9,482 Posts
Thats decent for a dealership.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Well, 104 k is not 'too high' for 6 to 7 year old car. Used car prices are higher these days than a year ago, so $4100 is not bad.

2005's were an early introduction, spring 2004, so quite a few are 7 years old now.

·
Da fofo love remains
1,538 Posts
I dont know guys.... My 05 Zx3(obviously not a ZX4 but closely valued near) totaled out at $6205 with engine bay and paint at dealer ready quality, highly used interior, and 138,446 miles on it.

·
Registered
14,399 Posts
I paid $3200 for my 05' hatch it had 146K on it...jus' sayin'

forgot to add that was tax, title and lic...also included in that. not a private sale, it was from a dealership.

·
Registered
14,399 Posts
Holy cow Avie your car has some mileage on it! I agree with everyone that it seems like too much to pay.
I know it has more now I'm almost at 160k...person before me commuted a lot from Lubbock to Dallas...I gots proof of that lol

·
Registered
14,399 Posts
yeah highway miles are a bit better than a lot of in town driving ... car is in really good shape I can't complain to much :)

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
well considering mine is an 03 zx5 with 101,--- miles and still blue books out at 4k id say its worth it. i would just tell them 3800, see what they say. they will go lower they always go lower.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts