1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
FF Affiliate
31,087 Posts
I would do a compression test , leak down test , do a dyno run to make sure the dyno looks good , make sure you get the flasher with the car

Last thing you want is to buy this and have to spend 500-700 on a tune and 380.00 for a flasher + what ever other parts might be needed

If you decide to go tis rought I can go talk to the guys and check things out for you they are very close to my shop , I couldnt do this till after the 8th tho

Tom

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
Well there's your answer right there. If Tom looks at it he's probably be able to tell you right off the bat if it's ok or not, at least the obvious ones. Till he inspects it closer. I'd be weary and heed Tom's advice, it's boosted with meth injection, which tells me it's probably SC'ed with in an inch of it's life if not done correctly.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know next to nothing about supercharged cars, doing those tests, that's something ill have to pay for I assume? And they don't have the flasher for the tune.

·
FF Affiliate
31,087 Posts
I know next to nothing about supercharged cars, doing those tests, that's something ill have to pay for I assume? And they don't have the flasher for the tune.
Then here is what happens with no flasher , yes at some point you will need a flasher tunes always need adjusting , You will have to buy a flasher and tune
Flasher 379.00
Tune from me remote 550.00 , some one on dyno 500 - 1000.00 depending on who and where you get a dyno tune , you will have to have a tune on hand when you go to Ford to get a reflash back to stock because no flasher will over right a flashed (tuned) car Ford charges 50.00 to 150.00 to flash back to stock
Then you have to install the on hand tune to be able to drive to a tuner or tow it , It realy makes a mess to not have the flasher that the car was tuned with
I dont see a wide band air fuel gauge or a J&S in this car and in my opinion you need both with a boosted SVT
Wide band 200.00

Keep all this in mind when/if you make an offer

Tom
J&S with Gauge 550.00

·
Registered
84 Posts
this car was on eBay for ever for like 7500 the owners discretion was a little sketchy its running base tune and didn't retune after the meth kit install

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the heads up Hoff

1 - 9 of 9 Posts