Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend has a POS detachable face headunit. Something on the faceplate broke so now the face does not sit on the headunit completely snug anymore. The headunit still works though. It will stay on until you hit a bad bump and than the face falls off. I was thinking of using a double sided velcro to hold the face on (on temporarily, because she is getting a new car soon). Is this dangerous? Dangerous because I know some headunits get pretty hot after a while.

Thanks,

Joe

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
depends on how much of a POS it is . I had an audiovox head unit back in the day .. That sucker used to smoke from the front that is how hot it got. I think most units nowadays should be a lot safer so I would go ahead and velcro it.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
should work. the only issue i could see is that if the tape is too thick, the contact on the back of the faceplate might not reach the contact on the deck. most double-sided tape should be able to hold up to the temps.

Mike

·
Registered
31 Posts
Double sided tape is the way to go. A lot of Car Audio stores actually use that to keep people from stealing the faceplates off the display units. JVC stereos dont have anything in the faceplate that would get hot so you will be fine with that fix!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts