Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know a lot of us have seen the "performing scheduled system maintenance" on our MFT's, but I'm wondering if this is actually supposed to happen from time to time. I've had it happen 3 or 4 times since I bought the car 7 weeks ago.

·
Registered
38 Posts
yea its happened to me about 4 or 5 times since I got it on June 20th. It only seems to happen when I turn the car off. Doesnt bother me much. As long as it makes the MFT better, I could care less.

Hope this helps.

- B

·
Registered
130 Posts
I know a lot of us have seen the "performing scheduled system maintenance" on our MFT's, but I'm wondering if this is actually supposed to happen from time to time. I've had it happen 3 or 4 times since I bought the car 7 weeks ago.
I don't believe this is truly "maintenance" per say. When you see this MFT has gotten itself into a state where it can't function and reboots. You're more than likely looking at a boot screen than anything really having to do with maintenance. Mine has done this at least 5 times.
I honestly wished this auto reboot function worked better. Yesterday I spent an hour in the car without the MFT as I couldn't get it to function. I drove probably 30 miles with the MFT displaying a black screen.
My wife has had her Edge with MFT a few weeks more than I've had my Focus and she has never seen it reboot.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Mine does this almost everyday.. and its getting annoying because before it happens everything freezes on the screen. My dealer contacted me today to let me know that the they've gotten the update so I just have to call the service dept and schedule and appointment.

I heard from others on here that the update made their MFT worse.. I sure hope nothing will happen.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts