Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm really in the market now, and will be headed to a dealer in mid january as soon as I get back from my business trip to CA.

Interested in basically fully loaded of either the two colors (with European Appearance package) and in 5 door (5door more important than colors)

I can't get a good idea of the type of yellow that is Screaming Yellow. Yes, the yellows can differ greatly by brand of car and some can be downright ugly. I personally like the VW 20th Anniv. GTI yellow (Imola Yellow just like the Audi S4 yellow). Obviously Porsche yellow and the Ferrari light yellow.

But the pale shades don't do anything for me as shades that are really orange and make it look like a taxi.

It's a delicate balance.

Any pictures out there?[:)]

·
Registered
412 Posts
As far as I know the European package is available only in the zx3 model. Of course I could be wrong...... I have been once or twice I think!![;)]

·
Registered
187 Posts
Why whet go to a dealer there and bye one then drive it home at least that is what I whould do. ou I whould have to say bye the Orange one it looks realy good.

·
Focus Addict
1,245 Posts
I think the Euro package is only available on the SVTF in the 3 and 5 door.

·
Registered
110 Posts
the european package is available on the zx3 or zx5 in all colors (yellow, orange, red, blue, black, silver)

the european package is available on the zx3 in all colors

see svt.ford.com for more details

·
Registered
9 Posts
i have the yellow svt and i know exactly how you feel when it comes to the pale yellow, i hate the pale yellow also. This is actually the 3rd yellow car i have owned, and i am pleased to say that the "screaming yellow" offered on the svt is one of the best i have seen on any car. i dont think you will be disapointed with it

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so what brand model does the SY closest resemble to?

screamingSVTF said:
i have the yellow svt and i know exactly how you feel when it comes to the pale yellow, i hate the pale yellow also. This is actually the 3rd yellow car i have owned, and i am pleased to say that the "screaming yellow" offered on the svt is one of the best i have seen on any car. i dont think you will be disapointed with it

I just saw a Competition Orange for the first time last night and it is completely different than I had imagined. A lot less 'bold' of a color. Colors and cars are a wierd thing. Perception and reality altogether different, and some colors on certain sheetmetal just look wrong (Ford Escape in Yellow is an example).

I've had 4 yellow cars as well, and just trying to guage myself. Thanks.

·
Registered
80 Posts
When I first saw the Screaming Yellow it was parked next to a Yellow Mustang GT. The Focus is MUCH better! Yellower, or more Screaming, hard to quantify with words but it we call it "Oh My God What The F*** is THAT Yellow!!" If you like bright yellow, you'll like this.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts