Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never been able to get the Bluetooth to work in my car. I've tried pulling the fuse resetting the battery everything I found on the internet but nothing has worked for me. When I push the phone button it just says "no phone" and I can never get any farther than that. Every 6 months to a year I do revisit this and see if there's any new information out there but I was headed that end with the same old articles. Is there any other ways to possibly get this to work?

2008 coup model s

·
Registered
254 Posts
Are you sure the car has Sync? If so, do some thread searchs or go to the Ford Sync website and find out if you have the most recent software update to the Sync system. It is kind of complicated and you need an USB drive to do it. When I first bought my car used my phone would not pair, but I did the upgrade, and it did.

·
Registered
85 Posts
If your car has sync there should be a USB port right below the aux port as well as a SYNC logo by the USB port.

If your car doesn't have Sync, then you don't have bluetooth. My 09 doesn't have sync, and when I press the phone button it also says "No Phone", so i'm thinking you probably don't have Sync.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
If there is no USB port, you do not have sync, and therefore also don’t have Bluetooth. There is no plug and play method available at all. This includes a radio from a car that does have sync, because you need all the modules from the unit and it requires reprogramming only a dealer can do.

For the same time, money, and effort, just get an aftermarket headunit that already has the features you want, and install it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts