Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anything i can do with my car for like 15 bucks. I was thinking new lights or fog lights or something. Is there something cheap i could get

Attachments

·
MyCarBreaksAlot
8,609 Posts
You could get a billet shorty antenna for your car, but most people just chop their's. Either way, it would be an improvement, although your radio range will drop a tiny bit.

See, here's mine, it was like $12 shipped when Focus Central was still around.

And are you sure that's Malibu Blue? I was thinking it was twilight.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
I would buy some nice wax.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
you could probably paint your wheels, nightshade a few parts, or mod your door pillars by sanding them down and painting them with a high gloss black paint.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
For a few dollars more you can pick up some clear or smoked corners off of eBay.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Mod your airbox resonator,for free or Decals are cheap....you know you want FocusFanatics.com on both sides of your car!

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Hmmm...

Free

1. Debadge
2. Chop your antenna
3. Remove resonator
4. Fog light mod

$15 mods

1. Smoke (tint) corners, grill, and tails (testor's modeling tint + clearcoat)
2. Chrome muffler tip
3. Overlay stickers for ford emblems
4. Paint headlights to match SVT (gloss paint,silicone sealant, small sanding block)

New lights will cost you around $30.00 for silverstar coolblue, and even more for the better silverstar brands.

Fog lights are way out of that price range.

·
FF Bouncer
3,178 Posts
Here are a few How-To's for the free modifications you can do and for some of the really cheap modifications that are available (Some have already been suggested, but I also have links that show you, more or less, how to go about doing them)

Sedan Tail Light Mod
Independent Fog Light Mod
Turn Signal Silence Mod
Upper Grille Light Delete Mod
Yellow Foglight Mod
Cling-On Tint How-To
Deactivate/Activate The Seat Belt Reminder
Automatic Door Lock Deactivation
Keyless Entry Remote Button Trick
Debadging
Make Your Own Shorty Antenna
Interior Paint Prep
Interior Painting
Painting Engine Bay Pieces
Exterior Trim Painting
Improving Chassis Ground

Complete List of How-To's for your viewing pleasure.

Cheers!

[welcome] to Focus Fanatics by the way

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
port your throttle body, remove intake resonator, HRW Mod (grind off hump in front of air intake), maybe improve chasis ground and Fog Light Mod FTW

·
Registered
169 Posts
Buy some Amor All.....lol. Maybe a steering wheel cover....

·
I used to drive this
3,342 Posts
You could hook your self up with tight ass strut tower covers. $6 shipped off ebay. If your old enough use the change for 30 pack Pabst.

And for free you can rip out the crappy looking firewall insulation and hood liner.

·
Registered
593 Posts
swk110 said:
It would cover the difference in cost of upgrading to synthetic oil on your next oil change.
Actually, most technicians will tell you it is highly ill advised to swap over to synthetic engine oil if the car has had more than a few oil changes since it was new. It's really only safe to do so within the first few hundred miles. You can however switch from synthetic to non-synthetic at any time. Just my $0.02.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I've heard that it was okay to switch over as long as you make sure to look out for oil leaks afterward and correct them if they occur.

·
Registered
226 Posts
chop off your res and get a pipe bent! cost me total of $18.50 and gave me ever so slightly more torque and sounds better

·
Registered
334 Posts
2 gallons of gas and a pack of matches pour gas all over car and throw it matches inside.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts