Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I even think of doing a metallic blue tint since they offer best visibility from the inside.

ANY PIC?

[8)]

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
i would stay away from the metallic tints but thats just my opinion. i have 3m 5% on the rears, and 20% up front and i dont have any trouble seeing during the day or at night. but its your car, and if you want blue tint get blue tint.

·
Banned
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Man,i have seen a tint black on the outside and blue on the inside.

Look like that one has a better inside visibility for the same darkness =Þ

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
archie said:
i would stay away from the metallic tints but thats just my opinion. i have 3m 5% on the rears, and 20% up front and i dont have any trouble seeing during the day or at night. but its your car, and if you want blue tint get blue tint.
truthfully...you have no problem at all seeing things at night? Im curious cause tint is my next mod im hoping.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
seriously i dont have a problem seeing things are night. if you wanna know something my girlfriend and i were coming home from the peir one night traveling across a freeway that has very few if any lights for a few miles. well i went to move over to the left lane checked my mirror, didnt see anything then looked over the shoulder and there it was. a pitch black car without any lights on. if that tells you anything you still can see out of it at night.

·
Banned
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
archie said:
seriously i dont have a problem seeing things are night. if you wanna know something my girlfriend and i were coming home from the peir one night traveling across a freeway that has very few if any lights for a few miles. well i went to move over to the left lane checked my mirror, didnt see anything then looked over the shoulder and there it was. a pitch black car without any lights on. if that tells you anything you still can see out of it at night.
Wow,it's true sometimes mirror aren't 100% safe.There is dead angle on each side.[?|]

Well with a 20%,it's still visible from the inside at nitgh.The thing is that i want this visibility but darker tint.

I don't know if it's realistic tho.[8D]

·
Registered
387 Posts
I've got 15% all around and my visibility has been cut down quite a bit.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have Llumar 5% on my back three and it really cuts down on headlight glare. Lighted parking lots are a breeze. The only time I have to be careful is in unlit areas. Llumar makes a great product. Just make sure you go to a reputable installer. He/she should have to heat shrink the tint to fit the rear window. If they don't beware. Nate.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Future STV rider said:
I wonder if i should do the windshield.

I hope you don't mean the whole windshield. You are just asking to get pulled over...and over...and over.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I have 15% all around and it hasent bother me other then the first day and night I had it. Just be real safe when you first get it done and pay attention to things more. You will get used to the tint being darker, just like you get used to anything in life over time. [thumb]

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
Future STV rider said:
I wonder if i should do the windshield.
i have 20% on my windshield. and i love it! there is also a 5% strip at the the top that comes down about 7 inches. in the day time, with the glare of the sun, it is impossible to see into my car, even from the front. and because of the front being tinted, it makes all the others look darker simply cause there is less light trying to escape from the inside-out. it is sometimes rough seeing out the side windows in unlit nieghborhoods late at night. and as far as seeing in front of me, i have HID's, enough said. bad thing is, i cant remember what my lights look like at night, sometimes i try to stick my head out the window just to see how well they light up the road. and as far as getting pulled over....i got pulled over more times before i got the windshield done. but i do see PoPo's that are unable to run me down really eyeballing me hard.
metallic tint will not be black from the outside. yes, it will reduce the interior heat levels a bit better than charcoal tint. but if you want black windows on the outside, i wouldnt suggest going metallic.

·
Banned
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
bad thing is, i cant remember what my lights look like at night, sometimes i try to stick my head out the window just to see how well they light up the road. and as far as getting pulled over....i got pulled over more times before i got the windshield done. but i do see PoPo's that are unable to run me down really eyeballing me hard.
-stick my head out the window LOL

-really eyeballing me hard LOL

Amazing that you hardly remember how your front ligth looks.
Well i don't know what to do coz windshield is so attractive.In other hand,i'm not sure about the reduced visibility.For how long do you drive with this?

Is it like having sunglass at nigth?

[8D]

·
Registered
280 Posts
Keep in mind that in most of Canada it is illegal to tint the front three windows period; unless it came from the dealer (factory) that way. I know quite a few people here who, after several tickets, were faced with the option of court time or pulling the tint. A strip across the top won't be an issue, but the whole thing will be. Check with the local cops if you want to be sure.

·
Banned
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Coolpooler,yeah look like the front window is 35% or something.
I'm gonna call the local cops again by curiosity.I'm confuse about the tint level.;)

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
Future STV rider said:
Is it like having sunglass at nigth?[8D]
somewhat. but not quite as dark. but during the day, my sunglasses stay above my visor. i have no use for them unless i have the windows down. i need to let someone drive my car at night, and i ride with someone right next to my car. then i will be able to REALLY see how well they light up the road.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts