Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i am probley going to boost my SVTF this winter when i put it away. now the stock intake manifold looks like i need a new one. There is nothing wrong with mine i just dont like that fact that its PLASTIC and has a RECYCLE symble on it.

So i was wondering it anyone new if anyone makes better ones. Or what some of you have done.

Thanks
Seth

·
Registered
714 Posts
Ford Racing has just come out with an intake manifold for the zetec.....i believe you can find it at jegs.

·
DTF
3,981 Posts
the ford racing one has been out for a while now... however i dont know how well it would work on an svt.i would suggest however that if you indeed wannt to persue this then i say talk to turbo tom since i know he was developing a sheet metal intake.

·
DTF
3,981 Posts
however i think i should mention that the stock svt intake manifold is actually of really good design.

·
Registered
672 Posts
SVTbedson said:
Well i am probley going to boost my SVTF this winter when i put it away. now the stock intake manifold looks like i need a new one. There is nothing wrong with mine i just dont like that fact that its PLASTIC and has a RECYCLE symble on it.

So i was wondering it anyone new if anyone makes better ones. Or what some of you have done.

Thanks
Seth
I have the same problem. This is what I know. There is a intake manifold that has been out of sometime but it was drop. It didn't fit right. The new one will fit all Zetec and will only work with the 70 MM Throttle body. The intake is back order and should be ready to go after sept 15. I'm going to get one.

70 mm Throttle Body

Intake Manifold

Good luck

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Moved to: "Forced Induction Chat"

I think you will get more info here.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
is there anyone out there that has actually tested the new fr manifold on any applications? i'm thinking about going this route with fi since all the parts are made for each other, like the fr head, manifold, and 70mm tb.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I have a Zetec hand book that they built up a ton of different cars. The FR manifold if the one that they used to build up a 514HP turbo engine.

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
www.SuperSnailFab.com

Its not on the webpage but they are getting ready to make a production intake based on the prototype that I have on my car.... and yes its SVT specific.

·
Registered
666 Posts
WOOT!

I spoke to RMR about making one, so I have to call them and see whats up with that...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts