Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has come across a turbo kit for a 07 ford focus zx4 I'd like to upgrade my deratec engine [headbang]

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea was looking at the turbo on there site there saying it's ment for a manual transmission :(

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fswerks definitely has an auto kit
They used to have a kit they don't offer it anymore it had problems the cars were not shifting right timing was off so from what I'm getting all you can do is intake exhaust tune it and headers

·
FF Affiliate
31,182 Posts
They used to have a kit they don't offer it anymore it had problems the cars were not shifting right timing was off so from what I'm getting all you can do is intake exhaust tune it and headers
They still have a kit they just couldnt tune the trans so they dont offer it any more , I can tune the ATX

Its the same Turbo kit for the ATX / MTX

Tom

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah the transmission would have issues with kit and transmission would have to be rebuilt to work right..... For my automatic I got steeda short cold air intake fsworks 4-1 headers performance cats Flowmaster muffler steeda custom tune and think that's all I can do

·
FF Affiliate
31,182 Posts
Yeah the transmission would have issues with kit and transmission would have to be rebuilt to work right..... For my automatic I got steeda short cold air intake fsworks 4-1 headers performance cats Flowmaster muffler steeda custom tune and think that's all I can do
If you have not send steeda datalogs of your Focus then you have steedas canned tune and a custom tune would benefit you greatly , with your mods you shouldd also have a wide band air fuel gauge

Tom

·
FF Affiliate
31,182 Posts
Who told you the trans would have issues with a turbo kit and that it would need to be built ?

The stock ATX seems to hold pretty good with low boost

Tom

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Fsworks talked to them saying they got lots feedback with problems with the transmission not shift properly and timing problems the clutch also wearing out fast so the don't want to sell it to someone with automatic cuz there to problematic

·
FF Affiliate
31,182 Posts
Yes I am sure they did , I can tune the ATX and have little issues doing it

And 100% 0 issues with the timing

The clutch wares out because they dont know how to raise the trans psi to hold the added TQ from boost

Tom

·
FF Affiliate
31,182 Posts
No , I do remote tuning just like fs does

I mail you a xcal4 flasher , then I email you your tune file , I then remote in and set up a proper datalog list and you datalog and email me the tune file

Tom

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Already have tunes for the car I get them from steeda.ca but think a little more then just a tune needs to be done to fix the problem

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Your existing mods get tossed when going to a turbo setup, header/CAI/tune all goes out the door when you make that change.

The difference between a manual & automatic "turbo kit" is ONLY in the tuning to make it work.

Tom is quite experienced in tuning these systems to work, both his custom kits & kits from other sources/made up setups by individuals. FSWerks lost their most experienced tuner to another company not working on the Focus (except for current ST's) and they never did the same kind/amount of custom tuning he's been offering for many years.

You're not going to be able to run high boost/hp with a stock trans, but that holds for a manual as well. More common lower boost setups can be done, you can find prev. info. on that in threads here for confirmation.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Your existing mods get tossed when going to a turbo setup, header/CAI/tune all goes out the door when you make that change.

The difference between a manual & automatic "turbo kit" is ONLY in the tuning to make it work.

Tom is quite experienced in tuning these systems to work, both his custom kits & kits from other sources/made up setups by individuals. FSWerks lost their most experienced tuner to another company not working on the Focus (except for current ST's) and they never did the same kind/amount of custom tuning he's been offering for many years.

You're not going to be able to run high boost/hp with a stock trans, but that holds for a manual as well. More common lower boost setups can be done, you can find prev. info. on that in threads here for confirmation.
Soviet me try clear this up if I ordered the stage one and two turbo got it installed and loaded his custom tuner into the car it should be able to work running at low psi like 11 or so is this correct

·
FF Affiliate
31,182 Posts
You have a flasher , for 150.00 you can get my full custom tune file , add a wide band air fuel gauge which you need and try my tune file , how it works

You dont have a custom tune now unless you sent your tuner datalog so I am sure there is more power to be had , I can change your ATX to work better as well

Then you will know how the remote tuning and how my tuning is

Tom

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have a xcal4 right now the custome tune I got was from steeda at that point all I did was cat back and steeda short cold air intake I just purchased the new fsworks performance headers and flex pipe ... I obviously will need a new tune once the header gets installed do you have a tune for or make a tune for that setup?

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
With the flasher on hand, trying Tom's tuning for the next mod (header) along with his trans. tuning changes to match is a good deal.

Intake/ header/ Cat back is one of the most common setups to tune for, so he'd send you a safe base tune to fit & fine tune it from there as you exchange data log info. with him for revised tunes.

You can discuss preferences & give him feedback during that process to get the best custom result for your situation possible. ATX tuning has different options than MTX tuning, and can be fine tuned to your preference along with the engine fine tuning.

Exact boost levels for the max. practical output with a stock trans. could also be discussed for future options. I can't remember the numbers precisely, that's why I mentioned earlier threads to see what worked for others. He'd have better info. on that than I do.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts