Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife took the car to hve the oil changed a year or so ago, and they charged her for changing an air filter. Since that time I have ben doing all the oil changes, and since year has gone by figured I'd change the filter again, until I looked it up and learned there is no air filter to change. Advance says it's unserviceable, but on the FAQ that you guys have it recommends changing it at 60,000 miles. So is there a filter or not? This is in a 2005 ford focus btw, and I was looking at changing it because the car has been running a little sluggish. Sitting on 30k miles atm also.

·
FOCUS REVOLUTION
2,872 Posts
it does have a filter it's just very pricy and cost a little over 400 last i saw so if u want to change the filtr get a cai or a shorty

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yeah the duratecs had a lifetime air filter, Its supposed to go for 100,000 miles or more, I have seen a replacement but it cost big $$'s. That service station ripped you guys off.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Its recommended change every 150k as i was told and Is about 250 bucks. I worked on one and my manager showed me this paper about em. I work at Grease Monkey btw...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts