Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Thread Killer
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm gonna be installing my E-bay STS this weekend and I have an 05'. What hoops will I need to jump through?

I did a search and it didn't give me a good enough explaination [?|]

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
If there isn't one in the HOW TO ARCHIVE (link in my signature) then probably not as I'm pretty sure I got EVERY SINGLE ONE on the net, that I could find anyway......

·
Thread Killer
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did a check in the How-to archive and I didn't see any thing regarding my year [:(].

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
my ebay sts came with instructions. but i dont recomend following them completely because it came assembled and couldnt get it taken apart. if yours does come assembled then you will probably need to use a dremel. pm me if you need help

·
Thread Killer
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I kind figured it out. I had to apart the STS to get it in, but I left it with out the reverse lock out.

blue2.3zx3: Does your shifter wanna sit wierd when in neutral?

·
Thread Killer
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well it kinda wants to sit to the left and not want to spring back to the middle.....if that makes sense [???:)] .

Why did you have to use a dremel?

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
i couldnt get mine apart for the life of me. so i had to take a dremel to the shifter housing to get it through. it might sound like a big deal, but it really wasnt. anyways, yeah, i had to open the hole on the housing to the shifter base a little more so i could get it in there. it still works wonderful like a b&m should, just lots cheaper. but it sounds to me like the spring on your shifter base that controls the lateral movement might be binding up or maybe if fell off when you installed the shifter. i would double check the install, that could cause problems under rough shifts imo

·
Thread Killer
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK, I took the center console off and checked it out. I guess when I was putting the shifter back in and I popped the spring off that makes it spring back and forth...lol

I just popped it back into place and it works perfectly [grinking]

Thanks for your help [thumb]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts