Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To go up and down after you shut the car off? Chevy has this option. I wonder if the dealer can do this.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Windows will go up and down and radio stays on with engine off until you open a door. If you have key access, you can remove the key and still use window and radio until you open a door. With IA, your fob never leaves your poscket, so everything works till you open a door.

·
Registered
534 Posts
This is not the case on my SE. The radio will stay on, but the windows stop working the second you turn the key off.
Same here. No windows. Every car I've had with power windows has let you run the windows up after the ignition is turned off.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I stand corrected. My Titanium Hatch allows this, as well as my Mustang GT. I didn't know it was a package based option.

·
Registered
459 Posts
This is not the case on my SE. The radio will stay on, but the windows stop working the second you turn the key off.
Sort of funny because my 2004 Caravan lets me use the windows and radio after the car stops until I open the door. You'd think Ford would do the same, even on a lower trim of the 12' Focus.

I'm thinking the SEL and Titanium will both let you do window alterations after the engine is off and the S and SE do not have the feature.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I'm thinking the SEL and Titanium will both let you do window alterations after the engine is off and the S and SE do not have the feature.
I was thinking that it was just an oversight... but if it works correctly on the SEL and Titanium models, then it's simply a case of Ford screwing over S and SE owners.

This sort of "price point engineering" annoys and angers me.

·
Registered
882 Posts
I stand corrected. My Titanium Hatch allows this, as well as my Mustang GT. I didn't know it was a package based option.
Not true there either. I have a titanium hatch and a few seconds after I shut off the car the windows/moonroof stops working. I don't know the reason or how it's connected (like what's making it stop) but if I don't put up the windows and close the moonroof until after I shut off the car they usually don't make it all the way.

For reference, if I turn off the car and right after that move the same hand to close the moonroof it makes it about 2/3 of the way to closed and stops there. Have to push the Start button again to close it fully.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think I'll bring it up with the dealer then.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Just checked my SEL - - windows will still operate after the key is removed from the ignition. Not sure for how long but know that they worked for over 2 minutes after I took the key out.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Not true there either. I have a titanium hatch and a few seconds after I shut off the car the windows/moonroof stops working. I don't know the reason or how it's connected (like what's making it stop) but if I don't put up the windows and close the moonroof until after I shut off the car they usually don't make it all the way.

For reference, if I turn off the car and right after that move the same hand to close the moonroof it makes it about 2/3 of the way to closed and stops there. Have to push the Start button again to close it fully.
So what's untrue? The fact that yours doesn't work, or that mine does? Or perhaps that it's a package option? You're getting on my nerves there Mr... It works exactly as I stated on my vehicle.

I'm passing on good info folks... Just trying to be helpful.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts