Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys wats poppin! I love my focus but lately i ve been thinking about getting a svt im lookin at the numbers compared to other cars and they seem not to match especially like neon srt it definelty seems better then an civic si but around my way there selling the svt for $19,000 and i think thats just too much i m considering selling my focus for 6500 and its in great condition and then use that as a down payment does this price sound a little fishy please help?

·
Registered
845 Posts
what kind of focus you have? .... it's never worth selling a perfectly good car...you'll always take a big loss in $$$.. if you have a 2.0 zetec, tune it and let the SVT drivers admire your car for a change when you smoke them.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I paid $16,100 for a 2003 ZX5 SVT. There was a $2500 rebate. Invoice was $18,512.
Didn't need cold weather package, sun roofs leak, and my wife can change the CD. LOL

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
yes...
the svt is worthy only if you are not plannig to do any or just some minor modding...
the svt IMO is a buy and drive...thats it...
if you want to mod...keep the zx3....

if you have an spi i would say go for it...

joel

·
Registered
75 Posts
I paid $16,700 for my '03 SVT 5-door, all options except HID lights, $22K sticker. Look around--$19K is too much for an '03 nowadays. One guy wrote me and said he just got his for less than $16K.

And you're right, for about $19K, you can get a Dodge SRT-4, which is much more powerful than an SVT Focus. Won't handle as well, though. Neither will ANY stock Civic in existence.

Remember, you can shore up the SVT's power with a supercharger for $3K--about the cost difference between the SVT and SRT-4. But that supercharger won't be under warranty, which is a bummer indeed.

SRT-4 vs SVT Focus? Tough choice for you. But I'm a Ford guy, so it's not a tough choice for ME. Good luck!

Sincerely,

Beetle

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
The SVT Focus is better than all sport compacts out there EXCEPT the SRT-4.

If you like great handling and appearance get the SVTF.

If you wanna go fast in a straight line get the SRT-4.

·
Registered
41 Posts
"If you wanna go fast in a straight line get the SRT-4."

You forgot Butt Ugly.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
SRT-4 = the shizzle i don't care if it's a neon

·
Registered
793 Posts
SRT4 still wins my vote, nothing beats good stock boost covered by warranty, i also havent had such a great experience with owning my focus

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
o i can't be with ya on that i have loved everything baout my focus except the third gear syncro. I have dropped almost a second off my stock quarter mile time autox is soon to be even more of a blast as soon as i get about $1500 in suspension and wheels/tires. I dunno man the Focus can't be beat for the price in my book. until u get to 20k and more the Focus is all i want and me being my age it will be awhile before i'll look at 20k cars. Plus i had to promise my parents i would keep the Focus until i'm graduate college so thats 5 more years i'm with the focus.

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
yes if you dont want to do your own modding and want the factory to do it for you, sell your car and get the SVT

·
Registered
712 Posts
Get a SVT and put a JRSC on it, with sticky tires you can get in 13's with that setup!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts