Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is the svt focus a limited production? as in only so many are made. and is there a certain color they only make a limited number of. ive heard some things i just want to get the answers straight.

·
Registered
412 Posts
04svtFO
Yes, the SVT Focus is a limited production car. The actual number's I don't know. But, it seems to me that I read they produced around 3 to 4 thousand for the 2002 year. I know some one on this board will have the actual numbers.

I will know as soon as I get my "Bron on Date" certificate freom SVT. It will tell me my car is #xxxx out of a production run of xxxx.

This is one of the factors I figured in when I bought the car, you know the exclusivity of it. I don't expect to see a major market demand for t he car, but I wanted some thing that was different, a car you don't see everywhere you go. My Knoa Focus was like that, and it used to draw crowds of people when I parked on "The Boulevard" LOL

I've had mine since June of this past year , and I absolutly love this car.
If you haven't been welcomed to the board yet, than let me be the 1st to say .....Welcome!

Congratulations on the new car, I hope you enjoy it!!
b

·
Registered
412 Posts
HotRodWagon
Thanx for the info, glad to see they finaly updated that site. I have one of 1,111 ZX3 SVT's made. Don't know what number mine is yet........ still waiting for my birth certificate.
bfocused

·
Registered
80 Posts
Bfocused, what do you mean "one of 1,111 ZX3 SVT's made"? They made nearly 5000 for 2002 alone. Originally Ford announced a limited run of 7500 per year, but they've not sold that many and in fact have discounted them heavily each year to get them to sell. OUr local dealer still had an 02 on the lot when the 04s arrived! Go figure - even at full sticker price they're a genuine overlooked bargain! I have a Sonic Blue 02, projectors front and rear, Konigs and otherwise stock. I don't think you could buy more fun per dollar!

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
I really like the SVT. I only wish there was a wagon version like in Europe...I certainly would have gotten one for sure.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
HotRodWagon said:
I really like the SVT. I only wish there was a wagon version like in Europe...I certainly would have gotten one for sure.
*shakes head* A wagon?? SVT is supposed to be sporty not a station wagon [bash]

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
SVT Wagon... Hmmm.....

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
I would take a SVT Wagon, do you all realize that would be a ultimate sleeper. Who would ever expect a Focus Wagon to be that fast, the look of disbelief on the face of some would be worth it. [:D]

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Thats true it would be one hell of a sleeper but i still think i wouldn't like it just cause it looks like a station wagon

·
Registered
22 Posts
The SVT Series that Ford puts out is a limited edition series. I recently got a certificate from Ford telling me that my focus was #518 to be built out of 2173 and where it was built.
[:D]

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Hmmm, well I'm typing right off of my little fancy certificate, it states:

FORD SPECIAL VEHICLE TEAM
Certifies that
Vehicle Indentification Number
is a limited-edition, 2003 SVT Focus 5-Door
assembled at the Hermosillo Assembly Plant on 01/23/03
This Vehicle is #28 of a bulild of 2173

So tell me someone does this mean that they only built 2173 ZX5 SVTF? I though they made more than this.
Sheesh, I've had my car for 10 months now and I just get this in the mail last week. [:p]

·
Registered
22 Posts
That is correct about how many they built. They actually built less than what most people think. That is why I had to ask to find mine. They had to bring in the one I wanted. They only built that many of the ZX5 SVt because 2003 was the first year they did the SVT in the ZX5 model.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Whoa, baby! Number 28, huh? You got one of the first ones to be built, you lucky girl! Or maybe not so lucky, since they tend to work the bugs out as the car goes through it's production run. But in terms of "status" it's pretty cool to say yours is only the 28th SVT ZX5 model made...

1 - 20 of 55 Posts