Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a fender bender, my purge valve vibrates like crazy, so much so that I can hear the rattle in the car. It's not loud in the car, but it is an annoying noise that you can't unhear once you hear it for the first time.

When the car was in the dealership for the car accident issues, I helped them isolate the sound of the purge valve, and when I finally got the service advisor to hear the sound, he took it to a tech to have the sound diagnosed.

There's something in the purge valve that needs to be replaced so the vibrating goes away.

He said it may be covered under the emissions warranty (i'm in Calif, 2014 Focus DCT). However, as is the norm with this particular dealership, follow up is very sparse.

How can I confirm on my own that the purge valve and its parts fall under CA's emissions warranty?

·
Registered
246 Posts
The warranty also states that if your Focus is a PZEV vehicle, you have the 15 year 150,000 mile emissions warranty. And if your car can’t pass smog, Ford will fix whatever is causing it to not pass smog (as long as it wasn’t broken from abuse or neglect). So if they deny it now, just wait till it breaks a bit more and puts up a CEL. Ford will have to fix it then.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Delaying getting it replaced could result in a collapsed fuel tank. search for other threads on this site (and videos on youtube) for details.

I wondered whether you had replaced your Focus with a Kia Soul or that was just a loaner parked in your spot. (I had thought of parking mine in your spot when it was vacant as a prank.) I hope you and your car will be OK after the accident.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts