Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had an 05 ZX3 that I put a Borla exhaust on 10 years ago, gave the lunchbox part to my buddy to scrap. Fast forward 10 years, I am older and wiser, and no longer like loud exhaust, and bought an 07 ZX4 ST that the PO "deleted" the lunchbox, lucky for my my buddy is a hoarder and doesn't ever take his scrap in, so I picked it back up today. Will it be close to a direct fit? I am taking it to a muffler shop that is a customer of mine, and will hook me up, just wondering how much custom work they will have to do.

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
Put a 6" longer SS resonator on the Borla(it'll be a little quieter)and put it on the ST.

The ST has a 2.25" vs a 1.78" IIRC

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
There is no lunchbox on the ST just a res, muffler and a cat. Also I think its only a 2" exhaust.
Correct, the ST had the lunchbox deleted for a "Sport" exhaust. I like the sound of it, not too loud or ricey but enough to give a performance sound (and this from a guy who hates loud exhausts that aren't 8 cylinders)

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
There is no lunchbox on the ST just a res, muffler and a cat. Also I think its only a 2" exhaust.
Correct, the ST had the lunchbox deleted for a "Sport" exhaust. I like the sound of it, not too loud or ricey but enough to give a performance sound (and this from a guy who hates loud exhausts that aren't 8 cylinders)
This^^^^^^^^^^^ + it also has the best flowing manicat for d-techs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts