Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious about the front openings of the current 2013/14 Focus ST and the 2015 new front of the regular Focus.
Are they the same size openings? Could the chrome front of the 2015 regular Focus be put into the ST opening and fit proper?

Just curious....

·
Registered
368 Posts
Just curious about the front openings of the current 2013/14 Focus ST and the 2015 new front of the regular Focus.
Are they the same size openings? Could the chrome front of the 2015 regular Focus be put into the ST opening and fit proper?

Just curious....
The current ST front opening looks way bigger.

Bumpers can't be swapped due to the hood and headlamp changes.

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts

Just curious....
The current ST front opening looks way bigger.

Bumpers can't be swapped due to the hood and headlamp changes.
Well the bumpers could be swapped if you also changed all the associated body work between the cars, but the base Focus has much lower heat rejection requirements as compared to the ST so I don't recommend going that way.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually all i would be interested in is considering the insert portion. The chrome bars vs the plain black with the honeycomb pattern insert.
I have thought about somehow filling in the top surface (honeycomb pattern) of the ST insert honeycomb with a chrome tape.. but it would be a huge amount of work and be hard to keep up. since the grill is all those hexagons. (Instead of straight lines)

having the entire black insert plastic chrome plated, the paint in the deep parts of the hexes black again... [nono]

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
Actually all i would be interested in is considering the insert portion. The chrome bars vs the plain black with the honeycomb pattern insert.
I have thought about somehow filling in the top surface (honeycomb pattern) of the ST insert honeycomb with a chrome tape.. but it would be a huge amount of work and be hard to keep up. since the grill is all those hexagons. (Instead of straight lines)

having the entire black insert plastic chrome plated, the paint in the deep parts of the hexes black again... [nono]
The grilles are not likely to be the same size.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts