Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drive a 09 Focus SES with an auto. A couple months ago I noticed that it sort of bumps along in 4th gear around 40-45mph. It feels as though someone is pushing the car in short burst and the car has a hard time accelerating until it downshifts. I thought not much of it until I was riding in the passenger seat when it did this and it makes a clunking noise along with these bumps. It does it every single time around 40-45 if I try to lightly accelerate the car. I have a two year unlimited miles power train warranty, so would this fall under it? Is my 4th gear band bad? Do you think they will fix it or give me a new car that's valued the same of the lot?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Almost sounds like the torque converter's lock up mode is slipping in and out of lock, or there's an electrical issue with the solenoids? This will fall under your power train warranty, depending on the issue. If its a mechanical issue with the torque converter it should be replaced or the transmission will be swapped out for a rebuilt unit, the latter being the most convenient.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
I drive a 09 Focus SES with an auto. A couple months ago I noticed that it sort of bumps along in 4th gear around 40-45mph. It feels as though someone is pushing the car in short burst and the car has a hard time accelerating until it downshifts. I thought not much of it until I was riding in the passenger seat when it did this and it makes a clunking noise along with these bumps. It does it every single time around 40-45 if I try to lightly accelerate the car. I have a two year unlimited miles power train warranty, so would this fall under it? Is my 4th gear band bad? Do you think they will fix it or give me a new car that's valued the same of the lot?
Have you been to the dealer for this concern, SlickWilly? Let me know and I'll look at options on my end.

Todd

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I went to the dealer. They charge 94.50 for a warranty check, but they did a small one for free and diagnosed it to being a spark miss. Replaced the plug for free.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
I went to the dealer. They charge 94.50 for a warranty check, but they did a small one for free and diagnosed it to being a spark miss. Replaced the plug for free.
Glad to hear this, SlickWilly.

Always here if you need me.

Todd

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
Isn't your power-train warranty void due to the fact that you have ran nitrous on the vehicle thus causing additional stress to the power-train outside the scope of what is considered normal driving conditions?

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
The Federal Magnusson-Moss Warranty Act protects you from the warranty being voided simply for the nitrous kit. So if something failed without the direct use of the nitrous kit then it has to be repaired under law. But if the nitrous kit caused it then your warranty is voided.
This is why anytime I install a performance part on a vehicle it comes with the responsibility that anything that could break or be under additional stress from that part is now my issue to have fixed.... Not make a fraudulent claim under warranty...

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Plus the fact that its not Ford warranty which was CLEARLY stated in the beginning.

If I wanted a moral coaching I would go to church.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts