Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
GreyRice WOoT!
10,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
um i think my tranny is starting to go, the color aint pink, but a darker red now, and every now and then when im around 40mph and prssing gas, not pushed to floor but decent to get it to move, i can feel a hard kick? any suggestions?
ireally hope its not, but i do want a stick shift car becuase this would be car 2/2 ford anyways that the tranny went under 60k, tracers went at 54k im now at 42k...im so sad[:(]

·
Registered
240 Posts
I have that same problem, though not frequent at all. It happens maybe once every couple of months. My tranny fluid is perfectly fine, just every so often it feels like a slip or a harder shift from 2nd to 3rd.

·
GreyRice WOoT!
10,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea, i ran it hard today, seemed fine, ima prolly do a tranny flush myself this weekend and use the motocraft stuff, and if it dies, then ford is gonna get my car [:D]

·
Registered
240 Posts
I'm still under warranty, so if it keeps acting up I'll take it in, if it doesn't, I'll wait til my warranty is almost up and then take it in.

·
Registered
527 Posts
i dont think id flush it if its goin. every time ive flushed a tranny that was goin out, it did as soon as it was flushed. i dont know y it just seems to every time, maybe the little metal shavings help it stay together somehow.

·
GreyRice WOoT!
10,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well the new oil tries to protect or seal parts in the transmission, and if they have small holes in them it will corrodue them and break aprt much faster, with dirty oil in their already it doesnt do that, atleast thats how i think it works?!?! [dunno]

·
Registered
80 Posts
If your tranmission hasn't had the fluid changed before, don't start changing it now. Old fluid creates a varnish that is practically holding together a damaged transmission. The reason why slipping transmissions tend to fail once they're flushed for the first time is because the new transmission fluid cleans the left over varnish and basically your internals break or leak.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts