Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was looking through forums and I noticed when people were talking about the ECO mode and posting pictures of their display that they seemed to have a slightly larger and Higher resolution. Please tell me I'm seeing things. I snapped this shot the other day at the dealer and I take delivery either today or tomorrow, just depends when I can get down to the dealer. I just want to know if I will have this "ECO" mode because from everything I have read, it is supposed to be standard on the SE. Or is the "ECO" mode only on the electric model. Thanks ahead of time guys.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I can say that I've never seen that particular image on a standard North American '12 Focus before. I've yet to see anyone with the Ford logo on their screen.

As for it's size, I'd have to check my car too see if is smaller or not.

Ah, I can recall now, after seeing firestoned's profile pic, that it is indeed much smaller.

·
Registered
201 Posts
That might be the non-My Ford Touch display. Mine does not look like that.

No eco mode on my titanium automatic. Drive feels like Eco, while S feels more sporty.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that is smaller than what I have on my car.
If you could post your car specs that would help.

My Focus is an SE
5-speed
w/ Convenience package 301A

and thats all, I like to keep my car stock but I was hoping to have this ECO mode.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Should I bitch about this when I go to pick up my car? I've waited so long already that I'm about to say screw it just because I want to drive her. To be honest I think my screen looks like crap compared to the High resolution screens with color that I have seen on everyone else's focus.

·
Registered
57 Posts
If you could post your car specs that would help.

My Focus is an SE
5-speed
w/ Convenience package 301A

and thats all, I like to keep my car stock but I was hoping to have this ECO mode.
titanium with 401..

when you say eco mode, are you referring to the little drivers rating gimmick on the center screen?

·
Strichmädchen & Koks
3,112 Posts
That's the screen you get when you don't get a ton of options or the higher trims.

·
Registered
201 Posts
If they did change the display mid-year, that is pretty crappy. Just tell the dealer the car you test drove was not like that. I would not accept it as is. You will have to look at that display every time you drive the car.

·
Strichmädchen & Koks
3,112 Posts
Oh, and there is no 'eco mode', it's just a graphic that shows how you are driving in terms of speed, braking and shifting. It doesn't make the car perform any differently.

·
Registered
37 Posts
You need to have the MyFord or the MyFord Touch in order to get the LCD screen for the radio and the instrument cluster.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You need to have the MyFord or the MyFord Touch in order to get the LCD screen for the radio and the instrument cluster.
Thanks that's all I needed to know I guess, Would have been nice to have the LCD in the Instrument cluster but oh well. I can't wait to pick this baby up anyways. Thanks for the help guys, you all have been very kind considering this is my first post.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If they did change the display mid-year, that is pretty crappy. Just tell the dealer the car you test drove was not like that. I would not accept it as is. You will have to look at that display every time you drive the car.
So you think I should say something? What does this mean in terms of a wait time to get this corrected? Would I have to wait for an entirely different car or would this just be a simple Instrument cluster switch out.

http://media.ford.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=33965
I referenced this article and it states "EcoMode is standard on Focus SE, SEL and Titanium models" so I should have "Ecomode" but does this just mean Ecomode and not the LCD, because the LCD is the thing I care about not the gimmiky "Ecomode".

·
Strichmädchen & Koks
3,112 Posts
You'll likely have to get a new car. The smaller display still shows most the same information, just not as extravagant.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You'll likely have to get a new car. The smaller display still shows most the same information, just not as extravagant.
Yea then I'm willing to bet that this is an MFT related thing, as mentioned by an earlier poster. I opted to not get the MFT because of all the problems I've been hearing so I'm fine with a lower resolution/smaller screen. Thanks again guys.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
So I was looking through forums and I noticed when people were talking about the ECO mode and posting pictures of their display that they seemed to have a slightly larger and Higher resolution. Please tell me I'm seeing things. I snapped this shot the other day at the dealer and I take delivery either today or tomorrow, just depends when I can get down to the dealer. I just want to know if I will have this "ECO" mode because from everything I have read, it is supposed to be standard on the SE. Or is the "ECO" mode only on the electric model. Thanks ahead of time guys.

This link is the USA Focus brochure which shows all trim level IP images
http://www.ford.com/services/assets/Brochure?make=Ford&model=Focus&year=2012&postalCode=14202

·
Registered
418 Posts
I have that display and ecomode does work (for all it's worth).
I don't use it because I get bad scores. (my foot is too heavy.)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1 - 20 of 45 Posts